Lose that exam-stress fat!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Need to lose that weight from exam stress? We have a fast and easy combined ab and thigh workout that’ll give you results within an hour!

The workout begins with a mat, and whether you’re trying this at home or gym you’ll want to gather a medicine ball (textbook can work) and LOTS OF WATER!!!!

RELEASE THE FAT

Once you’re all set up, you’re ready to begin; lay on the mat so you are comfy then start by doing a V-lean back with legs up. It will look like you’re going to fall on your back and- if it’s your first time-you just might.
Unfold your body until your almost touching the ground while contracting your muscles when you close together.
Repeat this 50 times, if you need to; take a water break in-between a set of 25.

BANISHING BICYCLE

The next ab workout is the seated bicycle. In the same position as above, you pedal your feet as if you’re on a bicycle and count down from a minute. Make sure you lean as far back as you can so you get the most out of the exercise. You’ll feel it in your thighs and abs-double whammy! 

SORRY SCISSORS

Following the bicycle is the SORRY SCISSOR. You’ll be saying sorry to your abs after you finish these suckers I tell ya. The trick is to do it slowly at the start-it hurts the most but always think –RESULTS! One tip..make sure your legs get as close as they can to the ground but DO NOT TOUCH IT!

FINITE FLAB

Once you get through the scissors, you can take a break and do an inner thigh exercise; finite flab. You’ll need to lay on your side with your legs together and take the top leg and bend it so its crossed over your other leg and you have a firm grip with your hand. This exercise can look funny but it truly works! Once you’re in that position- lift your lower leg up a little and hold it there.
The more you get used to this exercise-the more you can move your leg up and down. But for beginners-simply hold it there; you’ll feel the sting shortly. Rotate-hold each side for 45 seconds. REPEAT TWICE OVERALL.

BALL TRAINING

After you rotate and do both sides, the next exercise is the grab an exercise ball-you will want a fairly small one for this exercise. Once you have the ball lay on your back and put the ball between your legs. Raise the ball with your legs coming up in a V-position then take the ball with your arms; while going down to an almost laying on ground position. Then as your about to touch the ground go back to the V-position and repeat until you can’t raise your legs anymore.

RUSSIAN TWISTS

These are simply the common Russian twists. Sitting in a deep V position, grab a medicine ball (or textbook) and move it from side to side while staying in the same position. The weight helps both side and all around abs while balancing enhances the definition. Do this by counting to 100 (50 on each side)

KICKIN IT AWAY

For this exercise, you are going to lie on your back and raise up from your abs to one knee, switching every time you kick. Do this for as long as you can- my advice- plug in Sexy and I Know It, doing the exercise until you hear him first say; sexy.-Great motivation!

WORST CHAIR

The worst chair, is simply no chair. WALL SITS BABY! We normally end with these because by the time you do a minute of sitting at a 90 degree angle, you can no longer walk. 

Want to know more? Email us for more fitness workouts!  sarahcasey@hercampus.com / clarewalton@hercampus.com