This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

It’s October and the spooky season is upon us. If you want to do something but aren’t sure where to start looking, I got you covered. 

With one of the most haunted hotels located right here in Victoria, aka, the Empress, what better way to enjoy this year’s Halloween than embarking on ghost tours? Check out Ghostly Walks Halloween Tours for all the inside gossip of the alleged ghosts that reside in downtown Victoria, such as the ghost of the star-crossed Chinese lover, the Broad Street bordello ghost, classic tales from Bastion Square, a Jack-the Ripper-style murder, and more! Their tours are $16 (plus tax) for any students with a valid student I.D. and are an hour long, starting at either 7:30 or 9pm. Perfect for an evening downtown paired with dinner beforehand. 

If ghosts aren’t quite your vibe, don’t worry, there are still plenty of fun things to do with your friends or perhaps that special someone.

Visit Galey Farms for their pumpkin patch, a train ride around their farm, or their corn mazes for those slightly braver souls. Tickets range from $15-22 depending on what you choose to include. You can choose to do just the pumpkin patch, train ride, and the corn mazes, but if you’re feeling brave, buy passes for Carnevil, their haunted house (so scary that it needs three “chicken” exits!) which will deliver thrills and chills down your spine! Galey Farms is a great spot to visit for the weekend just before Halloween, so get your tickets now!

The Halloween Market is back this year! On Saturday, October 14, bring $5 for an admission fee and then wander around looking at various booths by local vendors featuring products for sale that range from sweet to spooky. There will also be food trucks for some delicious snacks. It will be held at the Da Vinci Centre, in West Victoria right across the Bay Street Bridge. Check out their Instagram to learn more!

There are so many different Halloween events taking place around Victoria, I could write forever about them! I can’t wait to check them all out. Have a happy Halloween!

Paige is one of two Campus Correspondents at the Her Campus at UVic chapter. Alongside her co-leader, she publishes content, manages the executive team, oversees retention and recruitment, hosts meetings, and writes content as well! She has been with Her Campus since September of 2022 as both a writer and editor before deciding to take on a larger role as Chapter Leader. She has published a piece with the campus newspaper before deciding that she preferred to edit and publish articles instead. She has done media for a non-profit as well as collabing with local newspapers to promote the festival that the non-profit ran. As a third-year writing major at UVic, Paige is minoring in journalism with a focus in creative nonfiction. She received a scholarship for a short story she wrote in 2020. She has also received various academic scholarships for her grades. She hopes to go into either publishing/editing or working for a newspaper/magazine somewhere in Europe one day, ideally in the world of Formula One. In her free time, Paige watches and keeps up with the Formula One world. She also enjoys reading a good book, bingeing one of her favourite TV shows such as Criminal Minds or Bones, and visiting bookstores.