Campus Cutie: Maddie Morton

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Maddie is a sloth loving concert enthusiast, and a beach explorer who loves to travel. Usually found in the Biblio Café, this future marine biologist is an easy going wannabe surfer, and a pleasure to talk to! Make sure you give a wave to this week’s Campus Cutie.

YEAR 3rd

MAJOR Marine Biology

HOMETOWN Waterford, Ontario

ACTIVITIES Doing yoga and writing, otherwise being lazy

RELATIONSHIP STATUS Taken

HC: Who is your favourite villain?

Team Rocket from Pokémon.

HC: Name an accessory that fits your personality.

A ring with an uncut rough stone. Like druzy stone! Rings are my favourite, and I like simple things. It would be understated but cool.

HC: Do you have any pet peeves?

Oh my God, so many. My all time biggest pet peeve, is when someone says “oh you should’ve came to like this place” but they NEVER INVITED YOU. Oh and slow walkers. Oh jeez.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?

Aaron Johnston.

HC: Why him?

… Because he looks like my boyfriend (laughs)! He’s just a beautiful man.

HC: Use a pie to describe your perfect significant other.

Apple and blackberry pie. Like one pie, not two separate pies. Apple is original and classic and the blackberries mix it up, make it a little more interesting.

HC: If you could be any age for a week what would you be?

Six. I’m already a 6 year old so actually being six would be awesome.

HC: What’s your least favourite word?

Moist… I wish I didn’t just say it (shudders).

HC: What’s one food that you refuse to eat?

Anything really spicy. Like hot peppers, I just cannot handle [them] at all. Oh and anything that’s like liver or kidneys; not my thing.

HC: If you joined a circus, what would you perform?

It would be cool to be a contortionist. If Cirque de Solei counts, I want to be like the person in the ribbons. But like in real life, with my skill ability level, the person training the lion? Maybe?

HC: Do you like carrots?

Baby carrots and hummus. It’s a good time.

HC: What is your favourite Disney movie?

Tangled.

HC: Pick a movie or song title that describes your work ethic.

Too little too late by Jojo.

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.