Campus Cutie: Alex Hatherill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

YEAR: 2nd

MAJOR: Education

HOMETOWN: Shenley, England

ACTIVITIES: Soccer, biking, avid water drinker

RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Taken

HC: Your opinion of seagulls.

I like seagulls, but not when they are far away from the ocean. They get annoying after that.

HC: If you could only eat one thing for breakfast for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Oatmeal, with blueberries and scrambled eggs with sautéed vegetables and a banana.

HC: If you were offered a plane ticket to anywhere in the world and money was no issue where would you go and why?

England first because all my family lives there and my favourite soccer team lives there. Then Bali [Indonesia] because the people there are some of the nicest people ever and it’s a nice country too.

HC: Biggest guilty pleasure?

A dairy queen blizzard.

HC: If you could swap places with a celebrity for a day? Forever? Who would you pick and why?

Any Arsenal player, just so I could meet all my idols.

HC: Favourite Disney Princess

Ariel, because I really like the song under the sea.

HC: Use an ice cream flavor to describe yourself.

Vanilla, because there’s no secrets and I’m straight to the point

HC: Your favourite spread and why?

Peanut Butter, its not only a spread but its also a dip. Carrots and peanut butter, you can mix it with oatmeal, you can mix it with anything! Peanut butter and cottage cheese. And REAL peanut butter.

HC: Eyebrow or ear piercing?

Eyebrow. I’ve wanted one for a long time. I played soccer for a long time, so the ball hits your face like constantly.

HC: Dream job as a child?

Oh, I had a few. Racecar driver, scuba diver and then I tried scuba diving and almost drowned and changed my mind. Then a chef.

HC: Something that makes you uncomfortable?

Velvet makes me really uncomfortable. I just can’t touch it. Suede is almost as bad as velvet.

HC: What’s the last movie you watched in theatres?

Guardians of the Galaxy. I watched it because… I’m a good friend.

HC: Name an animal to represent your life.

A dog. They are loyal, trustworthy and always happy. I feel like that accurately represents me.

HC: Would you rather be a baby with a full grown head or your body with a baby face. And why?

My face with a baby body. My face is most recognizable.

HC: If you had to be a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, which would you be?

Michelangelo because he has nunchucks ad he’s the calm one who never seems to mind.

HC: Who’s the hottest male celebrity?

Channing Tatum

HC: Booty shorts or yoga pants? And why?

Yoga, they are probably really comfy. And my thighs are really gross and white, and I got some really bad tan lines.

Originally from Richmond, British Colmbia, Jasmine Yadeta is a forth-year student at the Univeristy of Victoria. She is studying for a BSc in Psychology and Computer Science and is Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at UVic. She enjoys breakfast related food items (but let's be honest, who doesn't?), movies, and salivating when in close proximety to baked goods. When not writing for HC, she loves volunteering on and off of campus, cooking with wine, and awing at the occasional puppy. She is constanly sassy, highly motivated and drinks an immense amount of coffee.
Originally from Calgary, Alberta, Melissa Guenette currently studies business at the University of Victoria's Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. When she's not studying for midterms or finals, Melissa enjoys reading Harry Potter, being out in nature, and considers herself a connoisseur for all things dessert related. With her dry sense of humour and charismatic personality, she often leaves a room in stitches, a quality she considers beneficial while working on HerCampus' UVic Chapter. Follow her on Twitter @MelGuenette.