Style > Fashion

A Comprehensive Guide to Aritzia’s Superpuff™

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

For this upcoming winter, I was fortunate enough to obtain one of Aritzia’s most coveted pieces – The Superpuff™. With a base price of $250, it’s not the cheapest jacket on the market. However, after seeing their popularity on campus I couldn’t help but wonder if the price point was worth it – or if it’s just another trend. With birthday money in hand I strolled into the store, only to find what seemed to be hundreds of options. From colour, style, and fabric design, let’s break down the difference between a “shorty” to “long”, as well as affordable alternatives to the iconic jacket. 

The Styles:

Shorty:

The cropped version of the original ends right above the hip line and keeps you warm up to -20 degrees, suitable for a west-coast Canadian winter with occasional chilly days. At $225, this jacket is one of the cheaper options in the line. 

Original:

The well-known classic, this jacket sits right at your hips. The price point is typically $250. With cold protection up to -30 degrees, this will keep you warm even in places with chilly winters such as Calgary. 

Mid:

Looking for a jacket with a little more coverage? This style sits slightly above the knee, while providing -30 degree protection. 

Long:

Do you want to wear the equivalent of a blanket to your classes? The long is the way to go, providing up to -40 degree protection (!!!) against the elements. At $350, the price is one of the more expensive options

Vest:

At $198, this is the least-expensive item in the line. Unfortunately, it does not claim any temperature protection, but is a great option for when it’s too warm to wear the original version of the jacket!

Long Vest:

If you’re looking for a vest-style jacket that provides warmth simultaneously to your legs, this one’s for you! Currently, it is priced at $298. 

The Fabric:

Matte/CliMATTE:

This fabric has a matte finish and is water-repellent. This fabric is more of the most common styles you’ll see around campus. 

Hi-Gloss and Liquid Shine:

Depending on the look you’re going for, both of these options provide a sleek look to your jacket. 

Hi-Vis

A great option for when the sun sets at 4pm, this jacket allows for higher visibility when walking in the dark. If you take the bus frequently in the winter, this one is for you!

The Super Puff₂O

Aritzia’s 100% waterproof version of the Superpuff™ is a great option if you live in a wet climate that has more rain compared to snow. (such as Victoria!) at $350, this version of the jacket is at a higher price point compared to the other options discussed. 

Affordable alternatives:

Garage’s Park City Puffer Jacket – https://www.garageclothing.com/ca/p/park-city-puffer-jacket-/1000606443AP.html

Priced at $89.95, this style is very similar to the Superpuff™ without breaking the bank. 

Noize’s Cropped Puff Hooded Jacket – https://www.thebay.com/product/noize-cropped-puffer-hooded-jacket-0600092302504.html?&site_refer=CSE_GGLPLA:GSE+-+Shopping+-+Women%27s+Clothing:GSE+-+Shopping+-+Women%27s+Clothing&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkZKNBhDiARIsAPsk0WiSW-ywAY9PzETZ8HZ-ewJEUJIvdhFxAG3Y83V9rOcpUB2R8144xTAaAmmWEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Although this jacket is regularly priced at $240, watch for sales! At the time of writing, this jacket is currently on sale for $144. With the attached sleeves to keep your hands warm, this is a great classic-style puffer jacket. 

Hollister’s Corduroy Puffer Jacket – https://www.hollisterco.com/shop/ca/p/puffer-jacket-47117821 

Do you like the look of the Corduroy fabric, but don’t want to drop $300? Hollister offers some great colours to their version of a Corduroy puffer at a fraction of the cost. Originally $119, at the time of writing it’s a steal at $89.40 – watch for sales on this one!

There you have it, a comprehensive guide to Aritzia’s Superpuffs™. Do you have a favourite style or colour? Let us know on any of our socials!

Savannah is currently in her fourth year at UVic majoring in English and Business! When not swamped with readings, she can be found exploring downtown, drinking way too many pumpkin spice cold brews, reading, and enjoying the experiences UVic has to offer.