This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

1. Use sunscreen.

This is a must! Use a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen; it keeps your skin hydrated and protected from the sun in just one step. I have been using the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen for years and absolutely love it!

2. Replace your foundation with BB Cream.

Although BB cream doesn’t have as much coverage as foundation, BB cream is certainly lighter and thinner that foundation. It is perfect for summer! You’ll want a thin coat on your skin to look natural and avoid clogging your pores. Another advantage is you can avoid applying primer underneath your makeup as BB Cream has in-built primer already! If you still wish to wear foundation, you can switch to a lightweight silicone-based formula. Personally, I would recommend ‘Dream Fresh BB Cream’ by Maybelline as it is light weight and has a really nice coverage.

3. Use liquid or gel eyeliners instead of pencil eyeliners.

Pencil eyeliners are generally made of wax which melt quickly compared to liquid and gel eyeliners. Keep your eyeliner looking flawless by using liquid liners! Liquid eyeliners come off easily when using makeup remover compared to pencil eyeliners which require more rubbing.

4. Prevent your mascara from smudging!

Generally, mascaras tend to smudge all over the eyelids and under eye area during summer months so I would highly recommend using water-proof mascaras.  If you don’t have a waterproof mascara, you can always apply a ‘waterproof mascara topcoat’ on top of your mascara of choice. Some good ones are BareMinerals Locked & Coated Waterproof Lash Topcoat and NYX Proof It! Waterproof Mascara Top Coat!

5. Let your lips breathe by avoiding lipstick.

A majority of women don’t want to wear a thick coat of lipstick on their lips during hot and humid seasons. Wearing a lip stain or a tinted lip balm is a better idea as it is thinner and lasts longer than a lipstick. Also, don’t forget to exfoliate your lips before applying any product on them. It keeps them smooth all day!

6. Get an even tan by using bronzer.

Bronzer is generally used on lighter skin to give a tanned look but during the summer, I would recommend using bronzer on every skin type as it evens out a tan! Also, it’s good to wear bronzers which have at least SPF 15.

7. Carry oil absorbing sheets in your purse.

These sheets are perfect for absorbing excess oil from your skin without smudging your makeup!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Aashi, originally from New Delhi, India,  is in her fifth year at the University of Victoria pursuing economics. She likes to travel, explore new places and would be down for a road trip at any point in time. She also loves to experiment with fashion.
Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.