As October comes to end and November begins, everyone in Victoria knows that the rainy season will soon be upon us. Despite the huge letdown of the storm that never happened, most of us dread the season. However, as much as you long for the summer heat, you should appreciate all that the cold weather does for you and all that it offers. Here’s a countdown of the top five reasons you should appreciate the cold weather!
1. The Perfect Excuse: There is no better excuse not to do something than the weather. Don’t want to go out and be social? Don’t worry; Mother Nature has your back! Everyone understands when you don’t feel like going out when there’s wind warnings and rain storms heading your way. Just snuggle up with a cup of warm cocoa and watch the weather unfold as you binge watch another series on Netflix.
2. Fashion: If there’s one thing that the cold weather will always have over the heat, it’s fashion. You can layer up, wear that vampy lip and you can try out that vintage sweater! On top of it all, you won’t be sweating while trying to look cute
3. Snow: By far the best thing about the upcoming colder weather is the snow. Now, in Victoria, we don’t get any of it, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get to appreciate all the activities that come with it! Take a road trip with some friends and head on up to Mount Washington for the weekend to hit the slopes, or even take the ferry and head on over to Whistler Village.
4. Holidays: Now that Thanksgiving and Halloween are over, we can finally start counting down the days till Christmas! And with the upcoming Christmas season, we can start looking forward to staff parties, family get-togethers, and of course a break from school ;)
5. Motivation: There is nothing harder than trying to study when you can see the sunshine beginning to peek through and you can sense that the school year is almost over. In the colder months, you’ll never have to worry about those distractions because you know you have another semester until you’re truly free!