Unless you were sleeping under a rock last week, you probably know that the third and final American presidential debate was held on Wednesday, October 19 at the University of Nevada. If you feel so inclined, you can watch the debate in its entirety here. Now, I’ll be honest- I’m not a political science major, I’m not American, and I’m not exactly one to freely discuss politics with everyone I meet. Despite all of that, here’s every thought I had during the final debate.
1. Hillary looks like a very happy pastry chef in that white jacket. Slaaay.
2. Has Trump been wearing the same suit for the entire campaign?
3. Oh snap. They didn’t shake hands. That’s a big deal, right?
4. Trump talking about Justice Ginsburg making inappropriate statements? That’s ironic.
5. Trump talks like a he’s trying to reach the word count on a topic he knows nothing about.
6. I think Trump’s favourite word by far is “tremendous.”
7. Ok, immigration- this should be good.
8. Yes Donald, we know.
9. BAD HOMBRES. HE JUST SAID BAD HOMBRES. I’M DONE.
10. OK I’M BACK.
11. Did Trump just say “bigly” or “big league”?
12. I’ll Google it.
13. Ok, according to the National Post, even linguists can’t figure it out.
14. There’s a poll on the Seattle Times website- 65% for “Bigly”, 35% for “Big league”. Fascinating.
15. Back to the debate.
16. We went from open borders to Putin real quick.
17. Yaaaas Hillary
18. Wow, excellent comeback
19. Trump just said he “was honoured” that he was right. What?
20. I think Hillary knows Donald better than he knows himself.
21. Trump: “Nobody has more respect for women than I do. Nobody.” *audience laughter*
22. This is the real American Horror Story.
23. Aaaaaand Donald interrupts.
24. Trump won’t concede the results? Is that allowed?
25. What would happen if he didn’t concede?
26. *Googles “what would happen if a Presidential candidate refuses to concede?” *
27. So basically nothing. The tradition started in 1860 and since then, no candidate has ever not conceded. It’s not necessary, but it’s a nice thing to do.
28. Trump claims the election is rigged if he loses. Yeah, ok buddy.
29. This is the most intense job interview I’ve ever seen.
30. …I should probably get a job.
31. Trump trying to use Bernie’s words against Hillary, and Hil fires back
32. AND SHE HITS THE HOME RUN
33. Trump said “tremendous” THREE TIMES in one sentence.
34. Where did that come from?
35. On that note …VOTE (if you can)