27 Things UVic Girls Find Annoying on Tinder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.
The dating app, Tinder, has become increasingly popular over the last few years. While for some, the app has been the key to successful relationships; others have found it to be more irritating than exciting. This week, the UVic editorial team questioned their peers and drew from their own experiences in order to form a list of things that UVic girls find most annoying on Tinder.

1.) When they have no bio.

2.) When their bio basically just says “dtf”.

3.)When the cutest ones are approximately 90k away (AKA in Portland).

4.)When they are really cute but they have the same name as your ex so you can’t go for them.

5.) When they have only group photos on their profile, so you have to go through them all and find which person is in each of the pictures.

6.) When they have a bunch of pictures of them standing next to really pretty girls. Like why are you on Tinder???

7.) When they have pictures of their cars.

8.) When they only have pictures of their abs and none with their face.

9.) Mirror selfies. 

10.) When their profile picture is from prom, so you’re trying to figure out if the girl with them is their date or their girlfriend.

11.) When their profile pic is something random like a can of soup or a lamb.

12.) When you accidently swipe left on someone super attractive and have no way to go back unless you buy Tinder plus.

13.) When you accidentally swipe right on someone you didn’t mean to and it’s a match.

14.) When you see one of your friends and don’t know which way to swipe.
15.)When you come across a person that you know is not single.

16.) When you match with someone and then you run into them on campus or in a group setting.

17.) When you match with a resident… and you’re a Community Leader.

18.) When they straight up ask to “Netflix and Chill”. Biggest cliché of the year. 

19.) When they ask for your Snapchat immediately. 

20.) When they seem really nice, but then suddenly get uncomfortably sexual. 

21.) When they ask for nudes two questions in.

22.)When they use a funny pick up line, but the rest of the conversation sucks.

23.)When they are sexist, racist or just plain rude.

24.) When they get pissy if you don’t respond immediately. 

25.)When they have bad grammar.

26.)When you’ve talked to a person for weeks, but they don’t ask you out.

27.)When they don’t send a message at all when you match.

Share this article with your friends to see what they find annoying on Tinder!

Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.