13 Annoying Things People Do on the Bus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Perhaps the best part of being done with school is not having to endure public transit every single day. The last thing you wanted to do after a long day was deal with annoying people on the bus! Here are Her Campus at UVic’s top pet peeves when it comes to taking transit.

1. When people talk loudly on the bus.

Sometimes entertaining, mostly annoying.

2. When couples perform PDA.

This especially sucks when you are single and trying to forget the fact.

3. When people have to search through their entire backpack for their ONECard before they can get on the bus and it takes forever for everyone else to board.

Just have it ready…

4. When young spry looking kids don’t get up and offer up their seat when someone who is elderly or has a disability gets on and ACTUALLY needs a seat.

5. Drunk people on the bus. Like super drunk people on the bus.

6. People who eat delicious smelling food when you are starving.

7. People who don’t say thank you.

8. People who maneuver their way to the back of a busy bus, just to get off a stop later.

9. The middle school aged kids who take over the bus every day at 8am and 3pm.

Can’t you just walk home?

10. People who have conversations on the phone and then expect everyone to pretend like they can’t hear every word they’re saying.

We CAN hear you.

11. When people sit in the aisle seat when the window seat is open.

EXCUSE YOU.

12. Guys who stretch out their legs and take up two seats.

#StopTheManspread

13. When a student is standing up and DOESN’T take off her/his 60L backpack.

Uhm, I don’t need this in my face?

Did we miss anything? Let us know in the comments below! 

Femi Tunde-Oladepo is in her final year at the University of Victoria where she is studying at the Peter B. Gustavson School of Business. After her undergrad, Femi hopes to read law and master French, Spanish and Italian. She is an active volunteer in her community and enjoys working with the Rotaract Club on campus. Having filled numerous notebooks as a child, Femi adores writing — especially short stories. She likes to dance (spontaneously), listen to all genres of music, laugh loudly and be the sassiest person in a room. In her spare time, Femi likes to window shop online, go for runs and reorganize spaces. One day, Femi hopes to perfect the art of soft pretzels. Follow her on Instagram @femzieb to see her attempts at being artsy and pensive.