Molly Peach-Yosemite Valley
Molly Peach-Yosemite Valley
Molly Peach / Her Campus
Entertainment

The 100: May We Meet Again

Last week was the end of an era. The long-running CW hit, The 100, was on air for the last time. I’ve been watching the show since it started airing, so I can say that I have been pretty consistently invested (even during the not-so-great seasons). I’ve shipped every popular pairing, cried an inordinate amount of tears and, for about two seasons now, have been waiting for it to finally end — let’s be honest, some of those seasons were really a drag. 

To celebrate its final season, I’d like to take a look back at the good, bad and downright weird things that happened in the show.

The Butterflies.

Every time a new episode of the show came out, I was like, “Will we finally get to see bioluminescent butterflies again?” Unfortunately, the answer was always no.

Everything Raven Ever Did.

The best, most underrated member of the original 100 was Raven Reyes. She was an icon, a genius, and they wouldn’t have made it past the first season without her.

#LexaDeservedBetter.

I saw it coming from a mile away and still sobbed like a baby.

Clarke’s Edgy Hair.

Dying her hair to deal with trauma was the most relatable thing Clarke ever did. 

The Family Reunions.

Was there anything better than seeing two characters reunited after episodes (or seasons) apart? There weren’t a lot of happy moments in this show, but they made the few they had count.

It was a messy show, but its rich characters and environments made it easy to grow attached to and invested in. Yu gonplei ste odon, The 100, and may we meet again.

Emma is in her fourth year of a BFA in Screenwriting and a Film Studies minor at the University of Victoria. She's an aspiring filmmaker and pop-culture obsessed. When she isn't writing for Her Campus or burning her eyes from staring at a screenplay that just isn't working, she's probably at home playing video games, watching movies (it's technically homework, she's studying them) or mindlessly scrolling through her TikTok feed.