This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

These days, everyone’s been raving about Stranger Things, and if you still haven’t gotten around to binge-watching it on Netflix, now’s the perfect time. With Halloween just around the corner, nothing will get you more in the mood than this sci-fi show. Set in the 80’s, it’s about the mysterious disappearance of a young boy, and the efforts of his family and friends to find him. Oh, and there’s a terrifying monster, evil scientists, and telekinesis. 

Apart from the adorable faces of the show’s young cast, one of the highlights for me has been the 80’s music that plays throughout. There’s just something about cheesy synths and wailing British heartthrobs that makes me want to dance. And so, I’ve put together Eleven (see what I did there) songs to make the Ultimate Stranger Things Party Mixtape Volume One. So, get your puffy vests and baseball caps on, and get ready to dance the night away under flickering Christmas lights.

The Killing Moon by Echo and the Bunnymen

Sunglasses at Night by Corey Hart

Never Let Me Down Again by Depeche Mode

Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division

I Wanna Be Adored by The Stone Roses

A Forest by The Cure

There Is A Light That Never Goes Out by The Smiths

Head Over Heels by Tears for Fears

Psycho Killer by Talking Heads

Blue Monday by New Order

Never Tear Us Apart by INXS

Isidora is a second-year student at the University of Toronto. She is currently double majoring in Book and Media Studies and French Language and French Linguistics.
Architecture History and Design Double Major and Environmental Geography Minor at the University of Toronto