Meet Vyomi Vyas! She is a second year Life Science student at University of Toronto-Mississauga. She is working hard to fulfil her career goal which is to become a researcher.
Name: Vyomi Vyas
Year of Study: 2nd Year
Program of Study: Life Science
1. What were you looking forward to most about entering university?
I was looking forward to stepping into the real world and gaining knowledge.
2. What was your worst fear about entering university?
My worst fear was definitely the competition that comes with the program and fear of receiving bad grades.
3. Why was UTM your university of choice?
UTM provides the research opportunity program and it is one of the best schools in the country. Also I love that UTM is a nature-based campus that gives you peaceful vibes and it’s close to home.
4. Most challenging part of your program:
It has difficult courses such as calculus and chemistry which require a lot of logical and critical thinking, as well as practise.
5. Best part of your program:
It gives great information about life on the planet and also builds a sense of appreciation for everything that is done on the regular basis. It provides the understanding that nothing on this planet is possible without science.
6. What career do you plan to pursue?
I would like to be a researcher.
7. What would you recommend to someone just starting university?
It can feel overwhelming at times but don’t give up.
8. How do you manage your time effectively?
(I don’t!) I guess by planning the schedule of what has to be done on a day to day basis.
9. How has second year differed from your first year?
I’ve met more people, getting to create connections in order to have people you can study with and ask questions if you have difficulties.
10. What made you pursue this program?
I’ve had an interest in science since high school.
Favourite colour: pink
Favourite movie: She’s The Man
Favourite book: Behold the Dreamers
Favourite food: Pizza