Post Exam Fun: 3 Delicious Events You Can’t Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Ah! Summer is so close I can almost taste it. It’s hard to believe another school year has flown by so quickly but I can say for myself that I’m definitely ready for some sun, patio-lounging, and driving aimlessly with my friends under a clear night sky.

Being a foodie, I get excited when the summer months roll around because that’s when all the amazing food festivals pop up! If you’re in the market to tingle your taste buds after what feels like a milestone of a month, here are some delicious events happening in the next few months.

Brewer’s Plate Toronto
Beer and food are a match made in heaven. I remember the first time I ate at Bier Markt, which was probably the most memorable meal at a restaurant I’ve ever had. Brewer’s Plate is a food festival where master chefs and brewers come together to celebrate sustainable food and well-crafted beer. All proceeds go to various charities that support local, sustainable food and farming in Ontario.
http://www.brewersplatetoronto.org/theevent.html

Street Food Block Party
Are any of you Eat St. fans? Well one of Toronto’s streets are going to turn into one for one day in May with the best of the best food trucks Toronto has to offer. You can expect unconventional vendors and inspired creations from all around the globe. This event is going to be nuts—you better round up your troops and get ready to take on the crowds! http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2012/02/street_food_block_party_coming_to_toronto_this_spring/

Taste of the Danforth
This is the food festival I anticipate the most for the summer! I love Greek cuisine and the Taste of the Danforth is my heaven calling. One long section of Danforth Ave. is shut down for various Greek vendors offering everything scrumptious that defines the culture. Like the events above, it’s a great opportunity for you and some friends to try a lot of different foods at low prices and exploring the Danforth strip if you’ve never been there before.
http://www.toronto.com/event/646705–taste-of-the-danforth

What events are you most looking forward to this summer? Leave it in the comments!

Vanessa is a third year student at the University of Toronto. She is majoring in Employment Relations with double minors in Sociology and Human Geography. She is excited to start the Fall 2012 year as the new Campus Correspondent after a year of being a contributing writer for the Chapter. She will be studying abroad at the University of Oxford during the summer of 2012, hoping to come back with many experiences to write about. Aside from her studies and Her Campus responsibilities, Vanessa has a great appreciation for style, health and fitness, travel, and the finest dining experiences Toronto has to offer.
Natalie has recently completed her second year at the University of Toronto with a double major in History and Ethics, Society, and Law. She is excited to bring Her Campus to U of T and seeing it expand its presence in Canada. She is also active in the school's Model United Nations circles and numerous organizations off campus and is best described as a political and pop culture junkie. Born and raised in Toronto, she is blindingly proud of everything the city has to offer including the best school in the country, no matter what Macleans says, and its sports teams, no matter how many times they may lose or miss the playoffs.