Joe Tyldesley ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Name:  Joe Tyldesley
Year:  3rd Year
College: I’m actually an exchange student. Originally from Stirling University Scotland. But here at UofT, I’m considered a part of Victoria.
Major: Double major in English and Philosophy
Place you call home: Last year, five friends and I rented a house in Stirling, Scotland. It was a five bedroom house, but between us, our friends and girlfriends, it was like 8 people living there. But that was really good. You can imagine how fun it was. I consider that home. Good times.  
Relationship Status: Unfortunately, taken. I can’t even begin to describe her. Immensely talented. Very sweet. Short, which is good because I like short girls.

Favorite on-campus and off-campus locations: On-campus, hmmmm. I like Cat’s Eye because of the free pool offered. I’m not sure about off-campus. Maybe this place down on Bloor which has billiards. Very nice place.

Toronto’s best kept secret: Maybe I’m still trying to find it. But if I had to say, definitely some of the shops down in Kensington Market.

Pet Peeves: I don’t like lateness. I don’t like a bad cup of tea. Sometimes you just get a bad cup of tea and it ruins the whole day.

Ten years from now… : I’ll be 31. I don’t know; is that the appropriate age to have kids and dogs? Before I actually turn 31, I would’ve travelled all over so by the time I’m thirty, I’d be ready to be settled down. Somewhere warm and somewhere by the sea. Career-wise, I’d be teaching. More than likely English as a foreign language.

Top three things on your bucket list: I want to Jet-Ski. To go to Italy. And to have somebody buy my music… or pirate it. Whatever.  

Every guy needs these three things in his closet: shirt, pants, and comfortable shoes. I’m not much of a dresser.

Your perfect girl in 7 words or less: Talented, short [note: Joe himself is a whopping 6 ft 2 in], flawed, doesn’t wear heels

Perfect soul mate material: Someone who is horrible at cooking but cooks anyways. Does that make sense? To be honest, I don’t buy into the soul mate thing. Sorry. Hate to disappoint.

If you could go out with any female celebrity, who it would it be? Mila Kunis is up there. Definitely her. She’s short, right?

One thing you want to do before graduating: I really want to go to a class real early, dressed in a nice suit, and start lecturing. I’ve got a PowerPoint ready for when that happens. Regardless of whatever the class is supposed to be for. *laughs* I wonder what’ll happen when the actual professor walks in. 

Where would we find you on a Thursday night: Thursday nights are good and bad. Thursday is not a great night since I have a night class. But it’s also a good night since I can have a quiet pint up on Bloor at the Madison, especially since Thursday nights are good for beer prices.  

If you could have a super power what would it be and why: Teleportation. For convenience sakes.

If there was a pizza named after you, what would it be called and what would be in it? What would be on it? Hm. I like a lot of Italian food so mozzarella, some basil, some oregano, some tomatoes, should be a little bit greasy. That sounds about right. It’d be called the Dollar Special.

Describe your ideal date: This is a very romance-based interview, huh. Well, hmm. Ideal date… I was never big on dates. I don’t like to formally arrange a date. Like, if you just meet up with a person, and then decide to have dinner, then we have dinner. If we fancy seeing a film, then we go see one. Just see what happens. But I don’t ever structure it as a date.

Famous last words…: I thought that would work.

How do you feel on being chosen as a campus cutie? I’m immensely proud. I’d like to thank everyone that helped me get here today. *laughs*.

Natalie has recently completed her second year at the University of Toronto with a double major in History and Ethics, Society, and Law. She is excited to bring Her Campus to U of T and seeing it expand its presence in Canada. She is also active in the school's Model United Nations circles and numerous organizations off campus and is best described as a political and pop culture junkie. Born and raised in Toronto, she is blindingly proud of everything the city has to offer including the best school in the country, no matter what Macleans says, and its sports teams, no matter how many times they may lose or miss the playoffs.