This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Name:  Benedict. Ben for short. Ben W.
Year:  3rd Year
College: It’s complicated.
Major: Classical Civilizations; Latin; Spanish
Place you call home: Belgium.
Relationship Status: Unfortunately for all you ladies out there… taken.  

Favorite on-campus and off-campus locations: I like hanging at the Trin Courtyard. I’m a smoker so that’s where I’m usually at, smoking. This is also where I first got spotted and was asked to be a Campus Cutie *laughs* Off-campus, I don’t have a specific location. Toronto has some great places! I can’t choose just one.

Pet Peeves: When my girlfriend drinks directly out of the juice carton. Hate that, love her. I also hate it when people take like 20 napkins, then only use one and throw ALL of it away. Bro, don’t do that. Also, people on the subway who insist on sitting with their legs spread so wide no one can sit on either side of them. Compose yourselves!

The perfect job: Getting paid to play video games. I think that’s every guy’s wish.

Ten years from now… : I’ll be married to my gorgeous girl. Umm, be a professor at a university in Barcelona teaching the Classics. I have no idea what I want to do with my future. My girlfriend is the brains of the relationship.

Every guy needs these three things in his closet: a spare toothbrush for any girl that stays the night. Second, a v-neck t-shirt. Girls love that. Third, saddle shoes. My girlfriend says that I’m on the verge of being metro sexual.

Your perfect girl in 7 words or less: tall, smells awesome, gorgeous, brunette, and perfect. Is that seven?

Favorite thing about Toronto: I miss Belgium so I can’t really say that I have an absolute favourite thing about Toronto. It’s like when you love one thing so much, you’re not going to look at another thing. You know what I’m saying? But if you insist, I’d have to say that I love how there aren’t as many tourists as compared to Belgium.  

Perfect soul mate material: In short, it’s my girlfriend. She’s my soul mate because she’s an amazing listener. Not only that, she loves to laugh. When she laughs, I end up laughing. Her laugh is beautiful like that. We can talk on and on and on and on and never get bored. You get the picture. *laughs* If the world were to end tomorrow, I’d want to be by her side. She’s my soul mate because she knows all parts of me: the interesting AND the boring. Oprah once said that lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down. That’s my girl. She’s always there for me and I know she’ll never desert me. And I won’t desert her. Is that a good enough description? *laughs*

If you could go out with any female celebrity, who it would it be? Tough one. There are many beautiful girls out there. I’d say Justin Bieber. Oh wait, yeah he’s a guy. Oh if you’re a Belieber, no offense. But honestly, I’d say Leighton Meester. She’s all class. And beautiful. Shh, don’t mention I said that to my girlfriend.

One thing you want to do before graduating: Have a party on the beach with all my buddies. Large bonfire, lots of beer and pizza, awesome mellow indie music, none of that DJ stuff.

Where would we find you on a Thursday night: Driving. I have Fridays off, so Thursday night I drive over to NY and spend the weekend there. I have family there and lots of friends.  

If you could have a super power what would it be and why: Tough one. But I’d say “jumping”. Like that movie Jumper? You just imagine a place and you’re there! I’d want that power since I drive to NY often and gas costs a lot. If I could just jump, I won’t have to shell out on gas money. Also, my girl loves to travel. I’d “jump” her to Paris and we’d take a midnight stroll there on the cobblestoned streets. Then, have breakfast in Belgium. Belgian waffles! Lunch would then be in Japan, where we’d have sushi. Finally, we’d “jump” to Sicily and have some authentic Italian cuisine. Ha, wish I had that power.

Subway, in a sudden fit of inspiration, decides to name a sandwich after you, what’s it called and what’s in it: okay, I am a huge foodie, my specialty being sandwiches. First, everything would be on a French peasant loaf. Then, it’d have like 4 different cheeses. I love cheese. So, the cheesier, the better. Feta, provolone, pepper jack, and Colby jack. For the meat, it’d be pastrami with gyro meat and Cajun chicken. It’d have onions, green bells, Portobello mushrooms, a lettuce leaf or two, and roasted peppers. For the sauce, I’d just put Chipotle Southwest and ranch to hold the sandwich together and prevent it from getting to dry and I’d drizzle a bit of yoghurt on top. That is the perfect sandwich. If Subway sold that, I’d be going there every day. Now, to name it? Hmm. How about “The Great Unknown”. Because it’s great and contains so many things in it.
Famous last words…: Live the life you love. Love the life you live.

How do you feel on being chosen as a campus cutie? Honored. *mimics tipping of hat* My girlfriend will love it even more than me, I’m telling you! She gets to brag to her girlfriends about me now. *laughs* 

Natalie has recently completed her second year at the University of Toronto with a double major in History and Ethics, Society, and Law. She is excited to bring Her Campus to U of T and seeing it expand its presence in Canada. She is also active in the school's Model United Nations circles and numerous organizations off campus and is best described as a political and pop culture junkie. Born and raised in Toronto, she is blindingly proud of everything the city has to offer including the best school in the country, no matter what Macleans says, and its sports teams, no matter how many times they may lose or miss the playoffs.