This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Toronto chapter.

Edited by: Jina Aryaan

With September comes the start of a new school year and we all know how busy our schedules get once those due dates, assignments, projects, and other extracurricular activities pile up. Regardless of how busy you get, you’ve got to remember to make time to keep your face fresh and clean. Just because you may have slept at 2 am to finish that 10-paged paper that was due the morning after, doesn’t mean you have to look like you did.

In university, time is of the essence. Here are some versatile beauty products to help you save time by skipping a step in your routine:

1. Glossier Priming Moisturizer

An Instagram favourite, Glossier offers a moisturizer that also acts as a primer. By putting two consecutive steps in one, you don’t have to worry about waiting for your moisturizer to absorb into your skin before applying your makeup base. Extra seconds to minutes saved by mixing your moisturizing and makeup-setting together!

2. Dr. Bronner’s Pure Castile Liquid Soap

An oldie but a classic, Dr. Bronner’s is a brand used by all ages and is one of the more versatile products on this list. Coming in a large, slightly bulky bottle, this soap could be used as a facial cleanser (tip: dilute it with some water as it is a bit strong, but this will certainly keep the acne at bay!), body soap, dish soap, laundry soap, and even shampoo! Save some serious money and space in your bathroom vanity with this incredibly multi-purpose soap.

3. Pixi Glow Tonic

Versatile and magical, the Pixi Glow Tonic offers light exfoliation, removing the surface layer of dead skin cells to reveal a healthier and more illuminated appearance whilst maintaining the skin’s balanced pH. Keeping the moisture locked in while offering a glow-from-within look is definitely worth a try.

4. Smith’s Rosebud Salve

From the tube or the tub, the Smith’s Rosebud Salve has been called the ultimate lazy girl product. Aside from being a lip balm, it is also used to relieve dryness on elbows, knees, etc. Applying it on minor burns and irritations aids to soothe its sting and calm the affected area. The salve has been used as an eyebrow and flyaway tamer as well, and it doesn’t have a greasy finish!

5. Bio-Oil

If you want versatility, Bio-Oil is the way to go. It evens out uneven skin tone, gradually heals scars, fades stretch marks, reduces wrinkles, firms up saggy skin, heals sunburns, stops growth of ingrown hairs when applied pre-shave, tames frizzy hair and more. The possibilities with this product are endless; it’s likely that someone out there has found another use for it someway, somehow.

6. Physician’s Formula 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner Plus Serum

Not only does it give you a nice wing, but it also nourishes and lengthens lashes. If your lashes are long enough, you might not even want or need to wear mascara anymore. There goes another step erased!

BONUS

7. Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation

Although it’s a bit of a splurge, this cover stick essentially acts as a foundation, but its creamy consistency and high coverage also makes it double as a concealer. Even acne sufferers commend the wonders of this foundation giving the fullest coverage despite the often doubted stick tube packaging that it comes in.

Image 1/ Image 2/ Image 3/ Image 4/ Image 5/ Image 6/ Image 7

Patricia Pendon is currently a student at the University of Toronto, majoring in English. She is an avid reader and hopes to improve her writing abilities with the help of Her Campus. A curious spirit, Patricia enjoys exploring new places, especially nature and cafes. She is a part-time wallflower and a certified crybaby.