“Welcome to the Dollhouse” a Perfect Start to Penn Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

“Welcome to the Dollhouse” was the perfect start to a week of education about fashion in business, arts, sports and more.

Penn Fashion Week is about the celebration of both the business and creative aspects of fashion. Keynote speakers and professional panels are also featured throughout the week at different events across campus. This year’s seventh annual Penn Fashion Week kicked off with Dzine2Show’s spring fashion show on March 30th in Houston Hall’s Bodek Lounge. VIP guests were greeted with goody bags and enjoyed front row seating of a spectacular show.

Student models strutted down the runway in various designer brands, apparel from Philly boutiques and even student-designed pieces. Among the professional apparel featured were Club Monaco, Duke & Winston and Rent the Runway. The show also included clothing from Piper Boutique and Bonded, both on-campus shops.

The models wore some of the hottest trends for this spring, including pretty pastels and fun florals. Also featured were baroque prints, bold stripes, leather and lots of lace. Styles ranged from peplum tops to hi-low dresses, tailored shorts and peek-a-boo pieces. For guys, 50 Shades of Gray took on a whole new meaning, as dudes sported gray tees, suits, crewnecks and button-downs. There was also a very sexy army-style segment in which both ladies and gents came out in camo shirts and utility jackets.

Once again, the collaborative efforts of Penn students produced a week full of fun and knowledge. The weeklong celebration closed out on Friday, April 5th with an Awards Gala in Vance Hall.

From left to right: Grace Guan models a design by student Mandi Liu, Scott Lopano models a look from Jack Wills, Jenna Goldstein models a dress from Bonded, Vidush Mahansaria models a pullover by Cologe Denim. All photos by Isabella Gong.