Triston Francis ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

This week’s reggae-loving cutie is full of surprises; despite being a fierce and savvy Whartonite, his gentlemanly spirit proves that chivalry is alive and well. Read on to find out what the recently crowned Mr. Quaker looks for in a girl!

Year: 2012
Age: 21
Birthday: October 20th, 1990
Hometown: Queens, New York
Major: Finance and Legal Studies
Relationship status: Single
Extracurriculars: Black Wharton President, Onyx Senior Honor Society, Friars Senior Society, RA in Harrison College House, writing tutor, public speaking coach, Skulls fraternity

Perfect spring break: Definitely somewhere warm, near the beach, ideally where the water is blue — anywhere in the Caribbean. I’d also love to go to Fiji. My spring break last year was pretty awesome; I went to the Dominican Republic with a bunch of my fraternity brothers. We ended up having a great time.

Favorite sport: Basketball, I played in high school.

Favorite music: I love all types of music but I have to say R&B is one of my favorites, along with Reggae. Most people don’t like or enjoy reggae but I’m half-Jamaican and that might be why I enjoy it more than others.

Favorite TV show: I’m embarrassed to say…South Park.

Dog person or cat person: I’d like to have both.

Favorite food: Jamaican beef patty.

Favorite spot to eat in Philly:Charles Plaza (it’s not because of the food, but because it’s the most rambunctious and fun).

Celebrity Crush: Mila Kunis.

Perfect first date: Her deciding on most of the details so that I know we’re doing something she wants to do…and then doing something I’ve never done before (a new location, or a restaurant I’ve never been to).

What is your favorite thing about girls at Penn? They have a good head on their shoulders, you can carry on a conversation with them.

What do you look for in a girl? Someone who is outgoing, creative, and intelligent.

What is the first thing you notice about a girl? Looks. Her eyes, her smile, if she genuinely looks like she’s in a good mood.

Do you believe in soul mates? Yes I do believe in soul mates but there can be more than one soul mate. I don’t think you necessarily end up together.

Does true love last forever? When you find the right person, it could. Correct me if I’m wrong but I think girls are usually really into guys at the beginning of the relationship but as soon as he starts being equally or more interested in her she loses interest.

Many women say “chivalry is dead.” Do you think that’s true here at Penn?  It’s alive, we have a lot of southern folks…I do believe it’s very much alive.

Words to live by: “Be who you are and say how you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” — Dr. Seuss. And, “work hard, play hard,” of course.

Grace Ortelere is a senior at the University of Pennsylvania, pursuing a psychology major. She writes about crime and is an assistant news editor for her school's student newspaper, the Daily Pennsylvanian. Grace went abroad to Paris for a semester, where she babysat for a French family and traveled to many other cities--her favorite was Barcelona! She's social chair of her sorority, Sigma Kappa, and likes to ski, hike and paraglide.