So You Go on Spring Break, and Then What?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

To all of you who have made it to Spring Break, congratulations, we made it! Now we have over a week to shut down entirely and more importantly, do nothing Penn-related, at least for the time being. Though returning to school is probably the last thing on your mind, there are some things to look forward to upon returning to the City of Brotherly Love. No need to dread that drive back to school, brighter (and warmer) days are ahead!

Warm Weather: I can’t stress this enough, I’m ready for spring to actually start. By the end of this month, we should be in the mid-50s. That number might seem low, but considering our highest temperature has been around 40 degrees, this is a big deal. Here’s hoping this polar vortex ends sooner rather than later!

Spring Fling (April 11-12): The obvious one, Spring Fling is the height of most students’ Spring semester. After collective controversy over last year’s performers (Girl Talk, Tyga, and Janelle Monae), we’re hoping that SPEC’s Fling artist announcement won’t let us down. Word of advice: use the week before Fling to knock out all of your work, so that when people start having fun early on Thursday, you aren’t up late Friday night writing a paper (yes, that was an anecdote from experience).

Miley Cyrus Comes to Philly (April 22): Party with Miley! If you’re into that sort of thing. Or don’t, also a viable option.

Barstool Blackout Philadelphia (April 25): If you can’t stop, and you won’t stop, then Barstool could be your Miley after-party. An inexpensive paint party for the ravers among us.

Penn Relays (April 24-26): Admittedly I didn’t go to the Relays last year, but I definitely will this year. I mean, it’s one of Penn’s more notable traditions and it’s the oldest and largest track and field competition in the U.S.! Our own track teams and track teams from across the world come to compete in this three-day event, so why not stop by and show some Penn Pride?

LAST DAY OF SPRING SEMESTER CLASSES (April 30): There’s something beautiful about the last day of class, even if it means that finals follow. It just means we’re one day closer to summer!

Hey Day (May 1): Of course this is for the juniors (and the seniors who ritually initiate them into senior-hood). As a sophomore I haven’t had a Hey Day, but by the looks of Facebook, it seems like a great time!

Plenty of Events, Parties, and Everything Else: This time of year, Philadelphia is an awesome place to be. There is always something for you to do whether it’s attending a free concert in Clark Park, walking down to First Friday, or just spending a lovely sunny day with friends on College Green. Spring semester last year is what made freshman year at Penn one of the best years of my life! I fully believe it’s because I left the Penn Bubble, had new experiences, and really tried to soak up all that Penn had to offer, and I plan to do the same this year. Explore the city, Fling happy, and of course, enjoy the weather. Take it from the girl who got stuck writing a paper the Friday of Fling, knock out your work and let yourself have some fun. I promise you won’t regret it!

Image courtesy of: Penn News.