Two young Black women standing in a park together, one wearing a pink jacket and the other wearing a black and white polka dot top.
Photo by Deborah Zhang

Her Campus Cuties: Zephaniah Sainta & Racquelle Moxey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Welcome back to our final Her Campus Cutie of this month! Our series on celebrating influential, female–identifying leaders in our community will close out with a special double–spotlight on Zephaniah Sainta and Racquelle Moxey:

Sainta and Moxey are the leaders of PennFems, a discussion-based group that provides an environment in which feminists of color can explore themes of intersectional feminism, and network with others who are passionate about Gender Equity. Learn more about these two below!

Her Campus Cutie: Zephaniah Sainta

Short Bio: Zephaniah Sainta (Class of ‘23) is in the School of Arts and Sciences pursuing a major in Psychology. A Philadelphia native, she hails from the northeast section of the city. Sainta is the Chair of PennFems, as well as the Social Media Coordinator for Grupo Quisqueyano, Penn’s Haitian and Dominican Student Association.

Pronouns: she/her/hers

Birthday: August 27th

How you’re celebrating Women’s History Month: Taking time to read up on influential women and appreciating the wonderful women in my life :)

Extracurriculars: Penn Fems, Grupo Quisqueyano

Hobbies: Reading, writing, listening to and discovering new music + recently, getting back into watching YouTube videos

Fav place on campus: Locust Walk

Apple Music or Spotify: Spotify – I was converted!

Corner piece or center piece of cake: Corner 

Fav ice cream flavor: Chocolate chip cookie dough or cookies and creme

Show(s) you’re binging: Emily in Paris (which is admittedly a bit of a hate–watch)

Most memorable experience at Penn so far: Trips into the city with my roomies

A lesson you learned in college: People’s various points of view and experiences are even more vast than you could imagine.

What’s on your bucket list: Try cuisine from as many countries as possible!

Best self–care tip: Add rest and recreation to your to do list. Self–care should always be one of your priorities.

Her Campus Cutie: Racquelle Moxey

Short Bio: Hailing from Orlando, Florida, Racquelle Moxey (Class of ‘23) is in the School of Arts and Sciences pursuing a major in Neuroscience and a minor in Bioethics. Racquelle is a Co–Facilitator for PennFems and serves as a volunteer with Shelter Health Outreach Program.

Pronouns: She/her/hers

Birthday: July 7th

How you’re celebrating Women’s History Month: Connecting with the women in my life and discovering more women-owned businesses around Philly. 

Extracurriculars: Penn Fems, Shelter Health Outreach Program, Puentes De Salud, Civic Engagement Program

Hobbies: Thrifting, sewing, and trying new recipes from Youtube and TikTok!

Fav place on campus: Perelman Center for Political Science and Economics <3

Apple Music or Spotify: Spotify!!

Fav ice cream flavor: Rocky Road or Coffee

Show(s) you’re binging: I’ve been rewatching The Amazing World of Gumball and finally got around to seeing Bridgerton.

Most memorable experience at Penn so far: Exploring Philly with friends, getting to see John Legend during my freshman year, and trying Trader Joe’s for the first time!

A lesson you learned in college: Be mindful of your impact onto others because good intentions aren’t always enough. 

What’s on your bucket list: Go solo traveling to another country!

Best self–care tip: Treating myself like my own friend and remembering that my productivity doesn’t define me.

Mary is a junior majoring in Science, Technology & Society with a minor in Consumer Psychology. She is on the Penn Women's Golf Team and is passionate about storytelling and health & wellness. Her favorite writers include Toni Morrison, Kurt Vonnegut, and Malcolm Gladwell. When she isn't studying or golfing, Mary enjoys listening to music + podcasts, watching TV with her family & friends, and practicing yoga.