Dzine2Show’s America Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

Dzine2Show is the club to join if you love fashion. With the tag “Fashion. Luxury. Retail.”,  D2S prides themselves on being the “essence of passion and practical application in fashion”. The club provides opportunities for students to learn about fashion design, fashion show production and direction, fashion journalism and the fashion and retail industries. They also publish The WALK, a fashion magazine about style on Penn’s campus. In short, their reputation precedes them! Their fall fashion show, featuring an American theme, was last Friday night at the Phi Gamma Delta chapter house.

I was blown away by the dedication, individuality and ingenuity of D2S’s designs and direction of the show. The runway was well made, the low lighting suitable and the makeup stunning. There were daring hemlines,  flashy cutouts, interesting embellishments with rhinestones, spikes and faux fur, and bold choices of color and fabric. Some pieces were so unique and yet so wearable that I wanted to snatch them right off of the model on the runway. The models’ faces never wavered from that fierce, steadfast gaze that screams high fashion. Some girls’ walks were confident and sexy, every step a statement of power and poise. I also enjoyed the bits of fun and fancy D2S incorporated into the show. At one point, the male models came out in nothing but their underwear to all manner of hoots and hollers from the audience.

Congratulations to everyone who helped make this fabulous night possible. Rest assured, patriotism never looked so good!

Photos by Joanna Heinz

Former editor-in-chief of Her Campus UPenn