Style > Beauty

5 Beauty Products to Put On Your Holiday Wish List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Penn chapter.

The holidays are coming up, and you’re probably wondering what to ask for and what to get your friends or family. Well, this article is for you! Below is a variety of beauty products at different price ranges, so you’re guaranteed to find that perfect gift you didn’t know you needed.

Charlotte Tilbury Contour Wand

The award–winning Charlotte Tilbury Contour should be on every makeup lover’s list this season. The product design lets you easily dispense the makeup evenly over your face, and the cushion applicator makes the process that much easier — you don’t have to worry about dirtying up another makeup brush! 

The highly–rated contour comes in at $38, making it the perfect medium price for its quality. If you’re looking for a pricier cosmetic, you can do the Hollywood Contour Duo, which includes both the contour wand and a highlighter wand. The highlighter is just as highly ranked as the contour, and it similarly ensures you’ll look like a glowing god or goddess anytime you put it on. 

The highlighter has varying shades to choose from depending on the look you’re aiming for, from a translucent shade to a blush pink. The duo price comes in at $68, making it more of a splurge gift!

Glossier Generation G Lipstick

If you get anything from Glossier, let it be the Generation G lipstick! This lipstick is the real deal and a makeup essential. The Generation G is a matte finish lipstick and executes that just–blotted lip look (without the trouble of having to blot with tissue paper!).

If that doesn’t sell it for you, the lipstick actually adapts to your natural lip color, so it looks slightly different on everyone who rocks it. It comes in six shades ranging a broad color palette, from light pink to deep purple so everyone can choose a color for them! 

Coming in at $18, you can buy a few colors and let your friend choose their shade! Glossier is also famous for its bundles; you can add different products to the gift, such as their best–selling boy brow.

COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream

Would it really be a beauty article if we didn’t include Korean products? This next item isn’t makeup, but it’s something even better: sunscreen. If it isn’t already, sunscreen should be an essential part of your everyday routine to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. This affordable sunscreen, at just $16, has so many benefits. First, the properties of the aloe create a soothing and ultra–moisturizing effect. Second, the cream is lightweight and doesn’t leave an oily feel like most other sunscreen.

Also, make sure to check out the brand’s face masks because they make an effortless gift option that everyone will love. 

Dior Addict Lip Glow

Getting or receiving any Dior item as a present will make you feel extra luxurious; however, it can also break the bank. This Dior Addict Lip Glow solves the problem by offering an affordable luxury item (at $35) that’ll make anyone feel special. 

Besides carrying a designer name, this lip product is the real deal. Dior’s lip glow is hydrating and long–lasting, which will make it a staple in your makeup routine. The highlighted ingredients also include many beneficial properties, such as cherry oil to reduce drying and shea butter for nourishment. 

This top–rated lip shine comes in 11 different shades, so you’re bound to come across one that you will love! 

GrandeLASH

Last but certainly not least is the iconic GrandeLash. This lash serum works miracles by promoting eyelash growth. If eyelash extensions or perms aren’t for you, then you have to give this a try. Full of vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acids, GrandeLash assists you in getting naturally longer and thicker lashes. It’s also fast–acting; you’ll be able to see results in just four to six weeks. Since it comes at two different price points depending on the size you get, I recommend trying the six–week supply for $34 to make sure you like it before you commit to the larger size!

I hope this list has inspired you when it comes to giving gifts to friends or buying them for yourself! Have a restful winter break, and hopefully, you’ll get to test out some of these products! 

Jada Gritton

U Penn '24

Jada Gritton is studying PPE with an intended minor in Gender Studies. She enjoys reading, cooking, and listening to music and is excited to join the HerCampus team.