This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Well the warm weather is right around the corner and that can only mean one thing: transitioning from your winter to spring wardrobe! If you’re anything like me, this sunshine can motivate you to bust out the pinks and throw the greys away! Just kidding, who could throw away a comfy grey sweater? In any case, this article will give you 5 tips for transitioning your wardrobe through the changing seasons and put that spring back in your step.

1. Jeans

Spring is the best time to purchase a new pair of jeans. Whether you need some from putting on a few pounds during the winter or because you are feeling like a de-clutter, there is nothing more refreshing than a new pair of jeans. March is the best time to put your dark jeans away and grab a light wash – HOORAY!  In terms of trend, right now I’m loving a pair of light wash skinnies with multiple buttons and frayed bottoms. The Gap and Old Navy are both killing the spring jean collection right now. With amazing trends and a cheap price tag, who could turn that down?

2. Satchel

Who doesn’t need an excuse to buy a new bag? Spring becomes the time I start to clutter my bag with sunglasses and other sunny essentials. My go-to cross body just doesn’t do the job when I need that much. My solution? A satchel! Super light and portable, but with a shoulder strap that allows you to still wear it and carry all of your day-to-day items.

3. Rain Coat

Okay so I know this one isn’t very exciting but you have to admit it is a staple.  When it comes to the weather in Ottawa, you really can’t go without one. Don’t fret though, there are some fashionable and functional options on the market that don’t have to ruin your wardrobe.

4. Waterproof Booties

Time to put those UGGS in the closet for another year. My suggestion is to pick up a cute pair of leather booties from Steve Madden or Winners that can survive the rainy season. This way, you don’t have to compromise fashion just to avoid getting soaked. PRO TIP: check out your closest Payless for a store-closing sale where you’re sure to find a great deal!

Layering

Although not an item, this concept is your new best friend. Layering is a great way to use both your winter and spring wardrobe in one. Throw on a cute blouse with a blazer or cardigan. This look guarantees you’re comfy and cute without having to buy anything new!

When it comes to transitioning your wardrobe, you really can’t do any wrong; however, all I ask is please don’t wear socks and sandals!!

Until next time,

Xoxo Maggie

Simply put I'm a brainy blonde. My friends say I am twins with Elle Woods, and you'll probably find a lot of my inspo comes from her girl-boss attitude. Hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy coming up with content; happy reading babes :)
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.