Why Millie Bobby Brown’s Recent Engagement Is Not a Poor Reflection of You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Millie Bobby Brown’s engagement to Jake Bongiovi recently took the world by storm. Many people online shared content comparing their own life stage with Millie, who is already on the road to marriage at 19. But, here’s why her recent engagement is not and shouldn’t be a poor reflection of where we are in our lives.

Let’s Put it in perspective

Look at her career

Not only does she star as Eleven on Stranger Things, but she’s also starred in multiple movies and television shows since beginning her career at age 9. Moreover, she is an entrepreneur with a beauty and coffee brand, and has become an author with her first book Nineteen Steps. She’s also gained a growing 63.7 million following on Instagram, been on the cover of many well-accredited and well-known magazines, and has been featured on many talk shows and interviews–giving her a net worth of $14 million. She’s young, relatable, talented, and successful. Not saying we aren’t those things, but there’s a very small percentage of the human population that gets lucky enough to have gained the fame and reputation that she has at such a young age.

Millie Bobby Brown in Enola Holmes
Netflix

Look at who she’s marrying & what she doesn’t have

Need I say more? She’s marrying her long-term boyfriend who just so happens to be in the public eye as well. Millie seems to be living every girl’s dream of being in love, rich, famous, and happy. Seems to me like the only thing that’s missing from her life is being married!

Look at her maturity level

It could just be a front for the public eye how she carries herself as a strong, independent, confident, and funny young woman. However, it seems as though her maturity level matches well with her success as an actress, business owner, and author. She really is on this continuous road to success and we all hope she continues to succeed whether married or not! All in all, she doesn’t seem to be like every other nineteen-year-old out there so perhaps this new milestone she’s embarking on makes the most sense for her.

Final thoughts

Actress, influencer, celebrity, entrepreneur, and artist, Millie Bobby Brown is getting married to another famous person at the young age of nineteen and we think we’re behind? We are exactly on track and where we need to be, and looking at how her career has evolved and how she has evolved as a person, we can see that she’s also right where she needs to be!

Emily Crandall

U Ottawa '24

4th-year Communications and Sociology student at the University of Ottawa.