What You Need To Know About Radio Company’s First Volume

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Okay, so if you’re like me, chances are you’re probably not, but I’m 100% obsessed with new music and Supernatural. So, when I heard that Jensen Ackles (that’s right, Dean Winchester) & his good friend Steve Carlson were releasing an album together, my jaw literally hit the floor. 

After doing some of my very extensive social media searching, I quickly found out that the pair started to write their first album, or volume as they are calling it, back in 2018. And in 2019, more specifically on November 8th, 2019 their first volume dropped and hit iTunes. 

The music collaboration between good friends is called Radio Company, and their first volume has ten amazing songs. Check out the entire album below!

So here’s what you need to know! 

The must listen to songs: 

All Our Own

Sounds of Someday

Cannonball

Drowning 

Let Me Be

This volume has attracted the attention of almost everyone, and the fans of both new Steve Carlson music and Supernatural have come together to listen. People are taking in the music in every way possible, including creating photo edits like the one below to commemorate the new volume.

The song this piece commemorates is called All Our Own, a song that radiates true love through and through. With the lyrics going “I know I would rather be together alone, in a big top circle and a world we can call our own.” Ugh, *major heart eyes* those lyrics have me absolutely melting in my seat. Absolutely full of love and raw emotions. I am living for this music. 

What else do you need to know? That this album is hitting the top five in the charts worldwide since it hit iTunes and Spotify. It’s also available on every music platform as of right now. So, you can get your copy to listen to wherever you want!

Steve Carlson, has been a musician since the early 2000s, earning himself some recognition by featuring his own music in the hit CW show Supernatural. Along with a feature in the show, he’s also written his own music, which yes, I’ve also listened to! My favourites of his include “Break Me” and “Love You or Leave You”. 

To keep up with their music careers & lives, check out their insta’s! 

Radio Company: @radiocomusic

Steve Carlson: @stevecarlson

Jensen Ackles: @jensenackles 

So yes, I waited until midnight on November 7th, to get my copy of the entire album and after listening it to it, I can for certain say, this is definitely going to be my new winter playlist. I mean if this isn’t friend goals, I don’t know what it is! Time for me and my friends to go start recording our own album (or at least pretend :P)! 

P.S. Look at the amazing art that they have for their logo! *major art heart eyes*

P.P.S. To see more amazing art, check out their artist on insta: @tomjeanwebb

https://images.genius.com/6dec3a9df4b526b42ed6965c25f81bdd.300x300x1.jpg 

Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!
Taylor is a 4th year student at the University of Ottawa studying Political Science and Philosophy. In addition to writing for Her Campus Taylor is the President of the University of Ottawa Equestrian Team, Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus uOttawa and the Vice President of the Ontario Collegiate Equestrian Association. Taylor spends her weekends competing with the team, and when she's not in class she can be found studying on campus. Taylor loves coffee, and tending to her plethora of plants.