Style > Beauty

What Bath and Body Works Scent Are You Based on Your Myers-Briggs Type?

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Who doesn’t love a personality quiz? The Myers-Briggs test is a personality quiz that categorizes you based on four different aspects of your personality in the form of four different letters. If you don’t know your Myers-Briggs type, go take the test and come back!

For those of you who are new to Myer-Briggs personality types, here’s a quick breakdown of the meaning behind the letters:

“I” means introverted, and “E” means extroverted.

“N” means intuitive, and “S” means sensors.

“F” means feelers, and “T” means thinkers.

“J” means judgers, and “P” means perceivers.

There are 16 different combinations of these letters that each make up a unique personality! Obviously, this is not all-encompassing of your entire personality and there are many different intersections and experiences that make us who we are, but it’s always fun to take a personality quiz and see what category you are!

This article is not sponsored or affiliated with Bath and Body Works as a brand; it is purely for entertainment purposes.

INTJ

INTJs are stereotypically very dream focused and will do everything they can to achieve their dreams. They are independent, logical, and insightful. For example, Beth Harmon from The Queen’s Gambit is an INTJ. Kitchen Lemon has a sweet and clean smell, which is very classic! It’s the perfect match for INTJs looking for a new scent.

INTP

INTPs are usually problem solvers! They are known to be intellectual and precise, and they have a hidden creative side. A famous character who is an INTP is Sherlock Holmes. Because of these characteristics, INTPs are Teakwood! This darker, mysterious scent that still maintains a little structure is a great match for INTPs.

ENTJ

ENTJs are organized and outgoing at the same time. They are very efficient and ambitious, and even though they’re extroverted, they are still quite independent. Leia Organa from Star Wars is an example of a character who is an ENTJ! Sun-Drenched Linen is a soft and lovely scent that smells exactly like clean laundry. For the independent and organized ENTJ, this is a great scent that embodies their characteristics!

ENTP

ENTPs love challenges and are enthusiastic, versatile, and inquisitive. A character who is an ENTP is Karen Smith from Mean Girls. The Peach Bellini scent is sweet but still subtle with fruity notes. The balance of the peach scent with the prosecco smell is perfect for an ENTP.

INFJ

INFJs enjoy harmony and intellectual stimulation. They are organized and compassionate while being gentle at the same time. A character who is an INFJ is Lexi Howard from Euphoria! A perfect scent for an INFJ is Grapefruit Sage. It’s a lighter, herb-based scent with a little sweet and sour note from the grapefruit. This scent and personality are a great match together.

INFP

INFPs are sensitive and creative! They value inner harmony and personal growth and love to focus on dreams. Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter series is a great example of an INFP. Vanilla Buttercream is a soft and sweet scent that is a great match because it’s sugary and lavish without being too overpowering.

ENFJ

ENFJs are caring and organized. They are also very responsible and they value connections with other people! Judy Hopps from Zootopia is an ENFJ. Gingham is a great scent for ENFJs! This fresh and vibrant scent is popular for good reason and is sure to compliment ENJFs.

ENFP

ENFPs are enthusiastic and spontaneous. They love finding inspiration and starting projects, and they always see potential in others. A character that is an ENFP is Number Four/Klaus from The Umbrella Academy. ENFPs scent is Enchanted Candy Potion. The scent is a little less traditional than some of the other scents, but so are ENFPs! It’s a sweet and magical scent, perfect for ENFPs.

Screen Shot 2020 07 29 at 24927 PM
Nordstrom

ISTJ

ISTJs are hardworking, analytical, and sincere. They are also responsible and systematic. For example, Twilight Sparkle from the My Little Pony series is an ISTJ. The scent to match them up with is Honeycrisp Apple. A sensible smell with a sweet apple scent to it, just like ISTJs.

ISFJ

ISFJs are very warm and gentle. They are known to be responsible and make good caretakers. Pam Beesly from The Office is a famous example of this personality type. A scent that compliments this loving personality type is Pumpkin Cinnamon Bun. A soft, sweet, warm scent like this is perfect for a cozy autumn vibe!

ESTJ

ESTJs are analytical and realistic. They like to run the show and get things done efficiently! A perfect example of an ESTJ is Hermione Granger from Harry Potter! Sweet Whiskey has a woodsy smell and hints of vanilla and amber. Because of ESTJs’ hardworking and loyal traits, this warm and earthy scent matches their grounding energy.

ESFJ

ESFJ are friendly and reliable. They are helpful and love to please others by being active and productive leaders. A character who is an ESFJ is Cher Horowitz from Clueless. Waikiki Beach Coconut is a fun beach-like smell that carries with it that drinking-a-pina-colada mood. It’s a great match for the fun-loving energy of ESFJs.

ISTP

ISTPs are logical while also being spontaneous. They love adventure and they have an inclination to learn how things work. An example of an ISTP is Katniss Everdeen. This personality type would be complemented by the Wildberry Tea Spritzer scent. This herbal tea scent with a little bit of a sweet pop compliments ISTPs, especially their adventurous side.

ISFP

ISFPs are sensitive and caring, as well as loyal and creative. A character who is an ISFP is Jonathan Byers from Stranger Things. Sunshine Mimosa is a citrus-based fruit scent with a little bit of a twist. It’s still mild and has a sweetness to it as well, just like an ISFP.

ESTP

ESTPs are outgoing problem solvers. They are also curious and action-oriented. An ESTP example is Merida from Brave. The Mountainside Mist scent is the obvious choice for an ESTP. It’s rejuvenating and has a musk smell with some sweetness in there as well.

ESFP

ESFPs are playful and tactful. They have good common sense and love to help people. A character who is an ESFP is Seong Gi-Hun/No. 456 from Squid Game. Japanese Cherry Blossom is a very long-loved scent. It’s a sweet, cherry blossom- and pear-based scent. A perfect match for a sweet ESFP.

Overall, Myers-Briggs tests are a really fun way to learn more about yourself! But overall, no one knows you better than you know yourself. We hope you enjoyed this fun guideline for scents that may interest you. Happy smelling!

Avalyn Kwai Pun

U Ottawa '26

Avalyn is a first year joint honours Political Science and Feminist and Gender Studies student. She's passionate about social change and feminism, and has hopes to become a lawyer in the future. She enjoys reading, spending time with her family, music, and writing!