This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

I can’t fully say that I’m not a morning person because while I don’t like the idea of waking up before 8 AM, I will always be grateful for the slow-paced morning I get to have when I do get up early. The main thing that helps me get through these lackluster hours is a consistent routine. By following a skincare regime, I’ve found that my mornings have become a lot more pleasant. Yours can be too! Here’s how I do it!

Micellar Water

Whether to remove some leftover mascara or simply give your face a quick cleanse, this product can help you start your day with a clean base. Bonus feature: it comes in different formulas for every skin type!

Face Wash

This is for when you want that more in-depth cleanse and to give your skin a more refreshed feel.

Toner

This step is often avoided because its benefits are not as apparent but it actually helps with reducing pores and acts as a protective layer for your skin.

Moisturizer

Whether you have dry, oily, or combination skin, everyone can benefit from a little hydration in their daily routine. These products provide users with the option of a matte or dewy finish.

Primer

This is the best product, even on days when you don’t want to wear makeup, because it can colour-correct, minimizes oily skin, and gives you a smooth finish.

Feel free to try adding these steps to your routine and I hope it can help contribute to an easier morning!

Vanessa is a writer on the Fashion & Beauty team at the University of Ottawa Her Campus Chapter.She is studying Social Science with a double minor in Economics and Public Administration. In her free time she loves to write, read, dance, and explore the city.
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.