UO App: Last Minute Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

The University of Ottawa’s Guide to … Last Minute Halloween Costumes!  

Midterms are taking up your costume planning time? We all know what it is like to put a costume together last minute. Fortunately, the following costume ideas end up being the life of the party. These few ideas can be thrown together by simply using household products you may have lying around or that are available at your local dollar store.

1) A road – What you need: paper, markers, yellow tape (electrical tape works and comes in yellow). Wear a black outfit and create a yellow dotted line down the middle of your body. Now just get creative and stick some road signs on you. Here are some ideas: slippery when wet, speed bumps (find the appropriate place for these), highway 69 or even road narrows.

2) A Ceiling fan
– What you need: a shirt, pompoms and a marker or felt. Create the letters GO CEILING and place them on your chest. Get your party on, cheer with your pompoms and you are set.

3) Cat out of the bag -What you need: an empty bag or pillowcase and wear cat ears (these are very easy to find). Purrrrr-fection!

4) Serial Killer – What you need: empty cereal boxes, plastic knives and some tape. Put the knives through the boxes and place them around your body.

5) Nudist on strike – You will only need a sign that says nudist on strike for this one, an easy and creative way of hiding the fact that you have been studying 24/7 for the past week.

6) Pothead 
– find an extra cooking pot in your kitchen put it on your head.. Duh!

So forget about those midterms because Halloween is just around the corner so hurry up and hit those dollar stores. Comment below and let us know what YOU are being for Halloween this year!

Photo credits:
James Wojcik for http://www.realsimple.com http://chasingbirdswithdrunkards.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/can-we-all-jus…