This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

It was about time!   We’ve all waited so long for it to happen and finally H&M Ottawa opened its doors: or, as I like to call them, the doors to heaven.

At first, the store hooked us with a Facebook contest where one lucky winner would win a $1000.00 gift certificate to the newly opened store. Sadly, the winnter wasn’t me.

Before the grand opening on October 17th, H&M organized a VIP Party on the 15th where a lucky few could have the first look on what’s in store… accompanied with a glass of champagne, of course. 

On October 17th, the 23,000 square foot store opened at noon. The first 300 customers, all got a “Fashion Pass’’ valued up to $300.00.  Also, to make it easier for us downtowners, they organized a shuttle from Carleton University and from the corner of Rideau and Sussex to Bayshore mall.  It couldn’t have been more perfect!

The store is located on the first floor of the wing of the mall and offers a large choice of women’s, men’s, teen, children and sportswear apparel.  The merchandise is perfect for re-styling yourself for the new season with the latest trends.    

In my search for items for the season, I found a few fall must-haves.  My personal favourite was a grey wool dress with long sleeves and a boat neck.  A nice look to be completed with a large belt, some leggings and black boots.  Definitely a style to show off your great silhouette.  

H&M also has a nice range of jewellery, whether you like big gold and silver bracelets or minimalist accessories.

The choice of scarves is fairly large, with lots of different patterns and styles.  You will find the perfect one to match your everyday outfits and protect your pretty necks from the cold.

For shoes, you may find a nice pair of boots, but that’s about it. I wish there had been a larger shoe selection, but no one collegiette can have it all! 

It is with a new wardrobe, plenty of shopping bags and an empty wallet, that I declare H&M’s new store a complete success.  Even though it might seem like a long way to get to Bayshore, it is definitely worth the drive.

Happy shopping!

Photo Sources:

Living and breathing Fashion! I'm making a mission of my life to find the new trends and styles à la mode by working with the most fascinating people I know... Twitter : JulienGBois