This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Around this time of year, most collegiettes are gearing up to “study for exams” (read: begin packing to head home soon or to go on a quick spring getaway). This is a great time to catch up on those readings OR, in other words, watch Sex & the City reruns while drinking a large glass of Pinot Grigio. However, some of us shopaholics go through our wardrobe to get rid of the old and make room for the new. That’s right my lovelies- SPRING. CLEANING. 

2015 is not only a new year, but it’s also a new time to add that dash of wanderlust to your wardrobe. It gives you the chance to be someone different, or someone bold, and even someone mysterious. Spring-cleaning gives you that chance to not only feng shui your wardrobe, but to lift your spirits and add that extra boost of confidence. And what better way to do that than to buy that perfect outfit you’ve always had your eye on, but never thought to buy? Do it for the Gucci, Chanel, Prada, and what the heck, do it for Burberry as well! Let that runway model in you burst out with that 2015-you! It’s time to be classy and sassy.

Here are some of my favorite outfits from the fabulous designer, Kate Spade, during New York Fashion Week (NYFW). It’s something simple, yet extremely flattering for any young lady on a beautiful spring afternoon. The designs are fun and bold and can be worn for any occasion, which makes this set of outfits perfect for the spring. Although it’s not gala-wear, it is spring wear!

Here are some options to recreate the same outfits!

Outfit One:

This outfit is perfect for the days you work or you want to go out for a lunch date. It’s simple and elegant, yet has a fun and outgoing feel to it. Match any knee length skirt with a blouse and a bowtie, and you’re set! Match it with your favorite pair of shoes, and you’ve got the perfect casual spring look. Here’s what you need…

Just This Sway Skirt in Navy

Warehouse Tie Front Shirt

Modvogs Jen

ASOS Harris Tweed Baseball Cap

Outfit Two:

This outfit is an amazing grab, because it’s perfect for those lazy strolls on the town, and even when you’re going out for dinner or to wear for a coffee date. The great thing about this outfit is how versatile it can be.

FC-T8387 (Dark Blue) Pretty Colorful Flower Printed Long Sleeves Top

Jeffrey Campbell “Elenda”

Que Sierra, Sierra Hat in Burgundy

Outfit Three:

Now when it comes to the last outfit, there isn’t much you can do to re-create such a beautiful dress. So after all your hard work throughout the year with studying and working those long shifts, you deserve to buy yourself that beautiful spring dress that gets to show off all that hard work. And why not add in that Bendel’s purse as well while you’re at it!

Credits: 1 2 3 4

Hey my name is Madison, and I'm a fourth year English & Communications major at the University of Ottawa. I love fashion, beauty, and anything health related! I'm a frequent blogger (yay for tumblr), painter, writer, vinyl collector, traveler, shopaholic, and a hopeless romantic.