This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

If you’re anything like me, you take a lot of pride in your perfectly curated Spotify playlists. You might still be crafting the perfect playlist for this summer—but don’t worry, I’ve got you! Here are some of my favourite semi-popular artists.  

No vacation

No Vacation is an indie pop band from San Francisco, California. They dropped their first album in 2015, and to this day it’s still my favourite release from them. They have that perfect, chill, late spring vibe. If you’ve been searching for your soft girl summer anthology, their album Amo XO is for you. 

Matt Martians 

If you enjoy indie pop funk, Matt definitely delivers. An American singer, songwriter and producer, he has a sound that’s similar to Steve Lacy and Tyler, the Creator. “Dent Jusay” has to be my favourite song among his collaborations with Steve Lacy, and a recent favourite of mine is “Killer California”, which instantly went on my summer playlist.

Earl Sweatshirt 

Known for his feature on one of Frank Ocean’s most popular songs “Super Rich Kids”, Earl Sweatshirt is a rapper, songwriter and producer from Santa Monica, California. Having also collaborated with Mac Miller and Tyler, the Creator, Earl is no stranger to popularity, with his four most popular songs reaching over 10 million streams on Spotify. His most recognizable song “Riot!”, with over 74 million listens on Spotify, makes you feel like the main character. With his wide variety of song genres, there will certainly be a song for you.

Tori TempLet 

Think of Clairo, but peppier and not as subtly depressing. Tori Templet is a female pop artist who released her first album back in 2021. Still being very early in her career, she’s experimented with various sounds and emotions in her songs. A classic of hers—and one of my favourite songs—is “all i ask”.

Her’s 

Originally from Liverpool, England, this band has a special flare to their sound. They provide a slight electric feel that creates the perfect vibe for driving to the beach on a Sunday. Out of their two released albums, their first album Songs of Her’s is my favourite and has the perfect songs to get you in the summer mood.

I hope you guys give these great artists a listen and find a new gem to add to your playlist!

Eloisa is a current Philosophy student at the University of Ottawa. She loves drinking iced oat lattes, making playlists, watching movies and going to the gym.