This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Anyone who does this knows: there is a special kind of magic behind the act of saying, hearing, or writing down your affirmations. 

Just like goal-setting, affirmations have the power of manifesting your dreams and aspirations, inviting them into your life. Repeating your affirmations everyday will soon train your brain to believe in them, opening your life to endless possibilities. The most influential outcome from the daily use of affirmations is the process of transforming your already existing (and often limiting) beliefs. Basically, affirmations allow you to reprogram the beliefs holding you back with new, bold, and empowered thinking. As someone who loves to practice affirmations, my best tip is to write down your favourite affirmation and place it somewhere you can see it every day! 

Another great thing about affirmations is sharing them with friends and family. You would be surprised to see how many people benefit from hearing inspiration from a friend, especially if it includes an affirmation! 

Here are some affirmations for you to repeat, write, and rewrite! 

I rise above all limitations.

Remember that you can and will accomplish everything you put your mind to. You will overcome the hurdles and the bumps that come along with life. 

I am safe and secure in my world.

You are exactly where you need to be. Although life can be a little chaotic or even a bit slow, good things are to come.

I listen with love to my body’s messages.

You are the only you on this planet. You will notice changes when you start to recognize your body’s messages to relax, to take breaks, to drink water, and to supply your body and mind with love. 

Sign that reads “you are worthy of love”
Photo by Tim Mossholder from Pexels

I am open and receptive to all good.

YES! Now read that AGAIN!! You will reach your goals and your dreams because you are deserving of good things!! 

I say yes to opportunity and abundance. 

You are opening yourself to receiving opportunities for you to thrive and grow! You are accepting of the gifts the universe presents for you to be the best version of yourself. 

I am grateful for all the wonderful things in my world.

Did you know that you cannot have a negative thought when you practice gratitude! This affirmation focuses on appreciating the good and bad things in your life. 

I trust the intelligence within me. 

The best part about this sentence is that you can apply it to any part of your life. You can trust that you will make the right decisions, you can trust that you will learn and accomplish your goals this semester, and that you will have the knowledge to accomplish your desires.

I hope these affirmations provided you with some relief, positivity, and motivation. They are meant for you. If you’re looking to integrate affirmations into your daily routine, why not start with these?

Find me dreaming about living in the mountains...or any place with snow! Likes to spend her time testing Pinterest recipes, filling her apartment with plants, and finding new ways to be eco-friendly. Lover of dogs, hiking, shoes, and stickers.
Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!