This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Recently I have been OBSESSED with essential oils. From diffusing them, to having Epsom salt baths or using a lavender lip balm, I am ALL in. My skincare is no exception. I love the idea of putting all natural products on my skin without anything that doesn’t need to be in a product. This week, I’ll be taking you through my fave natural skincare products from essential oils to serum and cleanser. Without further ado, let’s get into it!

Saje is my favourite place for naturals. Although it can be a little pricey, their products are high quality and last forever. They have a range of products for mature, sensitive, dry, oily, combo, or acne-prone skin (okay, so literally everything). Not to mention, their employees are super knowledgeable and willing to help. I don’t think I’ve come across an employee who hasn’t offered to put some peppermint halo on my neck (super cooling and relaxing btw!!!).

My current skincare routine (keep in mind I have dry/combo skin) uses the Saje Zen Cleanse followed by the Rainforest Spray Toner and the Rejuvenating Elixir (which smells amazing). All of these products are packed with ingredients like avocado (rich in vitamins A, B, C and E), grapefruit, coconut oil, and essential oils like rose and neroli.

Not down to splurge? That’s ok! Lavender has cleansing properties, Cypress is great for getting rid of puffy eyes and Frankincense works wonders for pigmentation and toning effects. Grab some essential oils from Winners or Whole Foods and you’re set to go. Check out the image below for all your skincare questions answered in a super easy chart!

Happy skincare hunting!!

Until next time,

Xoxo Maggie

Simply put I'm a brainy blonde. My friends say I am twins with Elle Woods, and you'll probably find a lot of my inspo comes from her girl-boss attitude. Hope you enjoy my posts as much as I enjoy coming up with content; happy reading babes :)
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.