Style

My Favourite (& Easy) Hairstyles In Less Than Ten Minutes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

After so many years, I learned that I was not a morning person which meant that doing my hair for more than ten minutes in the morning was definitely a no-go. And because spending a long time on my hair was not something that I wanted to do in the morning, I had to figure out how to do my hair in creative and quick ways. 

Here’s my list of my favourite and easy morning hairstyles: 

1. The Messy Bun

This is a quick and easy way to do your hair. Just collect all your hair, twist, tie and then you’re done. No other tasks for this look required!

1. The Braids

This one might look like it’ll take a long time, but after practicing this look can be recreated in under ten minutes. All you need to do is split in the middle, get three pieces and braid to your heart’s desire. 

1. The Ponytail 

Another quick and easy way to do your hair in the morning. Grab all your hair and tie it up, super easy and simple. 

1. Rolled Right Out Of Bed

This one is my favourite. It’s the rolled-out-of-bed, freshened up, got dressed, combed hair, and poured coffee into travel mug before heading right to class. This look takes less than ten minutes which gives you more time to sleep before you have to get to class. 

Just your average criminology major, who enjoys watching Supernatural, The Boys and occasionally catching a hockey game. Probably off somewhere writing a novel!
Taylor is a 4th year student at the University of Ottawa studying Political Science and Philosophy. In addition to writing for Her Campus Taylor is the President of the University of Ottawa Equestrian Team, Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus uOttawa and the Vice President of the Ontario Collegiate Equestrian Association. Taylor spends her weekends competing with the team, and when she's not in class she can be found studying on campus. Taylor loves coffee, and tending to her plethora of plants.