This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

There is simply no better way to spice up your holiday party than to concoct fancy, refreshing, Christmas-themed cocktails for your guests and yourself to enjoy. Since there are countless possibilities when it comes to cocktail mixes, here are 3 of the best, must-try, holiday cocktail recipes for any holiday party planning. 

person pouring champagne
Pexels / cottonbro

Peppermintini, the “Peppermint-Martini”

Although this drink is a classic, the following recipe – for an ideal ratio between the ingredients – can be found on Delish’s cookbooks and webpage. 

For a total of 10-minutes prep time and 3 servings, Delish recommends starting with the rim concoction by pouring 1/2 c. of melted, semisweet chocolate chips onto a plate. Having 1/4 c. of crushed candy canes already spread out onto another plate, dip rims of your martini glasses first into the chocolate plate, then into your candy canes plate. 

Now, pour the remaining chocolate into the bottom of the glasses, swirl until 1/3 of your glasses-bottoms is coated with chocolate. While you prepare the drink, place the glasses in the freezer.

In a cocktail shaker, now combine 6 oz. of white chocolate liqueur, 4 oz. of vodka, 2 oz. of peppermint schnapps, and 2 tbsp. of heavy cream. Fill to the top with ice and shake until your drink is well-mixed and cold. You can now divide the drink between your 3 glasses and garnish your piece-of-art with a candy cane before serving.

You can find this recipe on Delish’s webpage!

Merry Christmosas!

This second must-try recipe can be found on TheFFeed Food and is made to serve 8 people, with a 10-minutes prep time. The Christmosas can either be mixed in a large pitcher or a holiday punch bowl. Start by adding 2 chopped Granny Smith apples, 1 c. of whole and fresh cranberries, 1 c. of halved green grapes, and, finally, 1 c. of pomegranate seeds. Before serving, pour over 1 c. of sparkling grape juice and 1 Champagne, Prosecco, or Cava bottle.

This drink goes well without rim, but you can most certainly let your creativity finish up the look. Sometimes, a simple spark of sugar is an easy and tasty way to get your glasses rimmed.

You can find this recipe on The FFeed Food website!

White Christmas Margaritas

This third must-try cocktail recipe can also be found in Delish’s cookbooks and webpage. For a smooth texture, they recommend blending 14 oz. of unsweetened coconut milk with 12 oz. of silver tequila, 8 oz. of triple sec, 1/2 c. of lime juice, and 2 c. of ice.

The rim gets done using lime wedge and sanding sugar. Once the drink is poured into 6 glasses, you can garnish with 1 lime sliced into rounds and full cranberries. This cocktail should take you approximately 15 minutes to prepare.

Photo courtesy of Food Network Kitchen

There are absolutely no rules preventing you from modifying recipes to better fit your taste. All that matters is that you make it festive. Spark up your holiday party and make those crazy-cheery-merry cocktails a tradition. 

Fourth-year journalism student at UOttawa & La Cité, Rebecca is Senior Editor for the HCuO chapter—entering her fourth consecutive year with the team.
Taylor is a 4th year student at the University of Ottawa studying Political Science and Philosophy. In addition to writing for Her Campus Taylor is the President of the University of Ottawa Equestrian Team, Editor-In-Chief of Her Campus uOttawa and the Vice President of the Ontario Collegiate Equestrian Association. Taylor spends her weekends competing with the team, and when she's not in class she can be found studying on campus. Taylor loves coffee, and tending to her plethora of plants.