This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Full name: Meghan Alexa Leblanc Kalyta

Graduating Year: 2016

Program: International Relations and Modern Languages, focus in Arabic and Mandarin

Hollywood crush: Ryan Gosling or James Franco

What do you look for in your significant other?

Someone I can have fun and be myself with. A person I can be gross with. Someone who will love you without makeup in the morning and who will think you’re hot in sweatpants. Someone who loves you for who you are, not what you portray. Somebody who is into you for what you value in yourself. Someone that thinks you’re classy and smart.

What are your biggest turn offs?

Either someone who lacks confidence or has too much of it. Someone who doesn’t know anything about anything, but still formulates ‘wannabe’ opinionated answers. It drives me nuts. Cigarette smokers. Binge drinkers. People who can’t take care of themselves, who are immature, disrespectful and racist. It drives me absolutely crazy and I have not tolerance for it. I was actually dating this guy for years and I thought it was actually going somewhere, when on June 26; California passed the marriage act on marriage equality. He posted a status on Facebook saying: wow, it’s a really sad day for the United States today. And that was it. It didn’t matter that he was perfect, he went against my core values, so it was over. 

Have you ever had a bad date? 

I can’t say that I’ve ever had bad dates. I’ve been lucky enough to be in relationships for very long periods of time, so I didn’t date all that much. I guess if I dated these people for a very long time, the dates went well. (Laugh)

I guess when we were younger and our parents would drop us off at the movies or at the other person’s house, and then their parents would drive us back home… That was really awkward. Thank god for puberty, because that was just horrid. I’m glad to be an adult now!

What is the hottest sport a guy could play?

Definitely polo. I grew up around horses and I’ve always been crazy about polo players. When I would go to games, they were always so posh and sexy! A lot of people think it’s not a very manly sport, but being a horseback rider myself, I know how hard it is! It’s not easy to gallop on a horse for hours with a stick. 

How are you involved on campus?

Right now, I’m really looking into anything that’s related to philanthropy. I really want to get involved in different clubs about that and I’d like to look into different humanitarian work opportunities that are abroad. Also, I’m currently pledging Kappa Zeta Psi sorority, which is super exciting.  I’m really excited to be part of the Greek life because one of the reasons I got into it is because I wanted to get involved in philanthropy with other girls. 

How would you describe yourself in three words?

Nomadic, passionate and easy going. 

What are your main goals in life? 

I want to be happy. I don’t usually find it in other people or in objects, but I find it in traveling and learning new languages. Right now, I speak five languages. I feel like when I’m traveling, when I’m around the world and constantly learning about other cultures and myself, that’s what it’s all about. I get bored out of my mind when I’m at the same place, so I need change. I guess that’s really what I want out of my life; I want to be happy and I really want to travel. It would be great if I could travel as a living. I want to be a human rights lawyer, so that would bring me to different countries where there’s trouble. And, of course, it would be even better if I could do it with my significant other! It’d be awesome, but as long as I’m happy, I don’t need much more. 

Who inspires you?

Do you have nine years?! I was lucky enough to meet with Marc Kielburger from Free the Children a couple of years ago and we’ve kept contact since. He’s kind of been my mentor throughout the years; I’ve sought advice from him and I take a lot of his opinions dear to my heart. I also have the first article of the declaration of human rights tattooed on my foot. I believe in human rights very dearly and firmly. So I admire anybody who’s ever had anything to do with human rights; Gandhi, Mother Theresa, Audrey Hepburn and even Obama at this point. Those are the type of people I look up to. Of course, my mother and my grandmother. I don’t know why I didn’t say them first actually!