How Sophomores and Juniors View Freshmen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

We have all been through that stage of our lives where we are newbies to the university life. Just coming fresh out of high school we still are in the “young, annoying, clueless, child like” mode where we fully haven’t adapted to the ways of a university student. But once students become Sophomores/Juniors, they start to view first years as a whole new species. We apologize newbies but this is how the older students view you!

1)  We can tell you’re a freshman due to the fact you’re wearing your high school grad sweater.

2)  We know you’re a freshman by your constant complaints of 8 am classes. We are all on the same page my friend, deal with it!

3)  Your priorities are party before studying and we see you struggling for life on your way to class.

4)  We can tell you’re a freshman by your struggles with opening the doors in Morisset library.

5)  When all of the freshmen are at the gym for the first 2.5 weeks of school then bail right after.

6)  The realization that this school is cheap and they get stuck with the squeaky chairs in every class. Don’t worry you’re not heavy.

7)  When they think OSAP stands for Ontario Student Alcohol Plan.

8)  Literally every first year realizing they can’t bullshit their way through university like they did in high school.

9) Don’t get “Caught Sleeping on uOttawa.

10) When first years complain about exams… Don’t worry it only gets harder.

Many thanks to the help and suggestion of this article from my friend Christopher Lee! :) 

Picture Credits

Cover Picture, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

A lover for music, volunteering, traveling and meeting new people. I strive to learn new things and gain new experiences. Shoe addict, optimistic, outgoing, life is a masquerade ball! ~Live as if you were to die tomorrow, Learn as if you were to live forever -Gandhi~