Hairstyles for Girls with Glasses

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

As a girl with glasses, I know just how frustrating it can be to find the perfect hairstyle to pair with my massive glasses. This is especially frustrating considering the fact that I may have the widest face EVER. Finding ways to make my face look slim while wearing my glasses has become one of the biggest challenges in my life… you know, other than finishing my fourth year of university.

If you’re a collegiette with glasses and run into this problem too, try the following hairstyles!

1. High Bun
The high bun is a perfectly easy style to accomplish. You look instantly chic and sophisticated, with next to no effort. This hairstyle requires minimal time and effort, does not need a straightener, and can be paired with a variety of outfits! Try a messy high bun for a casual or cozy look. If you’re going for a more sophisticated look, try out a sleek high bun.

2. Loose Curls
Go for a simple and casual look with some loose curls or waves paired with your glasses. It looks effortless and can be paired with almost any outfit for a laidback look or a more dressed-up ensemble.

3. Pulled Back with Bangs
Try some fringe! Glasses typically shorten the face, so it takes quite a bit of confidence to pull off full, thick bangs. Take some baby steps first and start with a little bit of fringe to frame your face.

If you’re already feeling confident (you go, girl) try full bangs and a high bun. It will definitely make a statement, especially if you add a colourful lip!

4. Ponytail
Let’s face it, not everyone has enough time on their hands to commit to styling their hair every day. Between university, jobs, social lives, and trying to maintain some semblance of a normal sleep schedule, it can be pretty easy to become lazy when it comes to your hair. So, when in doubt, just throw your hair into a low or high pony and you’re good to go!

5. Center-Part and Straight Hair
What can I say, there is just something so slick about a center part and pin-straight hair. You almost instantaneously look like you have your life together.

The most important part is to make sure that you look and feel confident and comfortable in your own skin. So, choose a hairstyle that makes you feel like the bombshell that you are.

Sources: Cover, 1

Alexandria is a fourth year student at the University of Ottawa with majors in Communications and English. She is passionate about animal rights, advocating for mental health, writing, and napping. In the odd occasion that she does have spare time, you can find her crying over cute videos of puppies, devouring a tub of chocolate peanut butter ice cream, reading, or playing with her cat.