This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

If you’re anything like me, a good percentage of your dresser space is dominated by accessories. Bracelets are scattered everywhere, bottles of perfume are lying around missing their lids, and half of your earrings are missing their backs.

We really don’t need to buy more and yet we always seem to come home from Forever21, Aldo, and Claire’s with a new collection of pretty bling. Personally, I have an obsession when it comes to necklaces and rings. Oh, and I even had a phase where I bought a bunch of brooches but that’s only because my inner Blair Waldorf told me to get them. What can I say, I have a serious Little Mermaid problem:

During the summer, I reorganized a bunch of my jewelry and the other accoutrement littering my dresser. Pinterest was an awesome place to get ideas, obviously, so I decided I’d write an article showcasing some great ways to organize your jewelry. Enjoy!

1. Ring Display Case

If you only have a couple rings then you can drop them in a small trinket dish or show them off on one of those mannequin hands. But if you have more than that, this display case is a clever way to organize and show off your rings. If you want an even shorter DIY tutorial check out this DIY ring box.

2. Jewelry Blocks

This Jewelry Block tutorial is a little time consuming but the result is fabulous. You can hang anything really and it’ll look great. If you’re feeling particularly crafty this Arrow Jewelry Holder is another option.

3. Glass Bottle Bracelet Holder

If you need another reason to drink wine, look no further. There are so many ways you can recycle your empty wine and beer bottles and using them as your new bracelet holder is just one of them. If you want a simple look, use clear bottles but if you want a little glamour try spray painting them gold or silver. Here’s a tutorial to help! Ooh la la!

4. Tiered Jewelry Stand

Okay so this might be one of the most brilliant ways to organize your jewelry. Whilst walking through IKEA, I saw this awesome Ikea tray for food and thought it would be a great way to not only organize my jewelry but also separate the different types of accessories. It only cost $10 and it looked amazing on my dresser. I used mine to organize my earrings because I have so many but you can put rings and bracelets on it too.

5. Command Hooks

Last but not least, command hooks, or as I like to call them, my lifesavers! Seriously, you can use command hooks for anything, including jewelry.., and it won’t leave any permanent marks or holes in your wall. If you’re ever in Walmart, Michaels, or even a drugstore, chances are you can find these things. Get the smallest ones, which are usually about 3mm. You can hang them up however you’d like with as much or as little space between them. I did a cool chevron pattern on my wall.

It may not seem like a big deal, but when all your jewelry and accessories are displayed and organized properly, your room looks that much more fabulous. Plus, after all those DIYs you deserve a high five:

How do you organize your jewelry? Do you have any clever tricks worth sharing? Snap a pic and tag us on Instagram or Twitter!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Kaysey graduated from the University of Ottawa with a double major in English and Sociology and is currently studying Professional Writing and Communications at Humber College. She hails from the fabulous city of Toronto and can quote Disney like it's her job. Some of her favourite things to do are reading, writing, and aimlessly surfing the internet for inspiration. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram, @kaysey_dee,  or check out her blog: Portrait of a Fashionista