This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Her Campus at U Ottawa is located on the unceded, unsurrendered land of the Anishinaabe Algonquin Nation. I recognize the valuable past and present contributions of all Indigenous peoples to this land, whose presence here reaches back to time immemorial.

Merry Christmas, Merry Xmas, Merry Chrysler! ‘Tis the season to be joyous and spend time with your friends and family. As the holiday season is fast approaching, it’s time to binge-watch all your favourite Christmas movies and TV shows all over (and over) again. Here is a lineup of a few classics, just in case you forgot or simply just need a list of must-watches.

The Grinch

Whether you enjoy the classic Grinch movie starring Jim Carrey, or the new animated version The Grinch starring Benedict Cumberbatch, this franchise is hands down an all-time favourite! Be sure to stream it on Netflix this Christmas.

Elf

This is one of the greatest Christmas movies of all time! Actor Will Ferrell is hilarious as an oversized elf who travels from the North Pole in search of his dad. This is a must-watch, and as a bonus, you can even try and make his iconic, sugary Elf spaghetti. 

Gremlins

If you aren’t in the Christmas spirit just yet and don’t want to watch a sappy Christmas movie, you’re going to want to check this out! Gremlins is a horror-comedy that starts with a cute little Christmas toy, but ends with a horrible twist. Make sure to watch the original from 1984.

Home alone

I’m sure this one will bring most of you down memory lane! I can definitely say this movie brings me back to the main character Kevin’s adventures while home alone. This is the perfect comedy Christmas movie to watch with friends and family while baking cookies or drinking hot cocoa. And, if you have the time, you can settle in and binge-watch all three instalments!

Happy holidays, U Ottawa! We hope you enjoy watching some of these movies and doing something fun with family and friends.

Charlotte Lyons

U Ottawa '23

Charlotte is a fourth-year organizational communication student at the University of Ottawa. She loves everything coffee, TikTok trends, reading and binge-watching Tv shows! Thanks for stopping by!