This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Name: Myra Molloy
Program: Criminology & Political Science
Age: 20
Hometown: Aylmer, QC
Favourite colour: Purple!
Celebrity Crush: Camille Leblanc-Bazinet was my last #WCW… what an athlete!

HC: What is your favourite thing about uOttawa?
MM: If you take the time to really look when you’re walking around uOttawa, you notice the real beauty of our campus. I remember attending a campus tour the summer before my first year and being amazed at how stunning some of the buildings are…add to that the character and charm that comes with being such an old campus in the core of Ottawa… just wow!

HC: Where’s your favourite place to eat on campus and what do you usually order?
MM: I’m not sure if this is on campus… but I cannot get enough of Freshii. Chicken and spinach salad with berries, goat cheese and anything else you’re in the mood for? Yes, please!

HC: Who would play you in the movie of your life?
MM: You saying I can’t act? (Laughs)

HC: Define success.
MM: Just like one’s goals, success is relative, personal, and absolutely achievable if you have the motivation. It is entirely dependent on you.

HC: Describe your ideal hang-out with your friends.
MM: Winter’s rolling around quick… hitting the hills for some boarding and hanging out at the chalet is at the top of my list this year!

HC: What’s your favourite thing to watch on Netflix?
MM: Stand-up comedy!

HC: What’s your favourite type of candy?
MM: Ah, protein bars? Do those count? (Laughs) 

HC: What are your plans for the holiday?
MM: I may head down to Florida to see family for a few days! Mostly, I’m looking forward to catching up on sleep, getting back into the gym on a daily basis and getting on my gift wrapping game!

HC: What was the best day of your life?
MM: So far… the day I bought my first car. It was so rewarding to decide I wanted something and then put in the work that was necessary to get it.

HC: When was the moment you most believed in yourself?
MM: In my powerlifting days, I remember pulling a personal record (PR) no one believed I would get off the ground. Not only did I get it off the ground, it was one of the cleanest, smoothest PRs I have ever done. Having that kind of personal success made me feel like I was on top of the world.

HC: What is your greatest fear?
MM: Being dropped… A while ago, I was rock climbing and the bilayer let go of the rope while I was coming down from the top. That forty foot drop still plays over in my head when I think about hitting up a rock gym. As fun as the helicopter ride to the hospital from the mountains was… I’m going to stick to bouldering from now on

HC: Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
MM: In Ottawa, working for the Ottawa Police. I love this city, consider it home and except for the time I intend to spend travelling, plan to spend the rest of my life trying to make it a better place.          

Picture credits:

The pictures were given by the Campus Cutie.                                                                                                                             

Gloria Charles-Pierre is Her Campus uOttawa Alumni. She was one of our writers for four years and the French editor for two years. Gloria graduated from the University of Ottawa with a degree in Arts specialized in French Lierature and two certificates in LSQ (Langue des Signes Québécoise). Now, she is in Teachers College and loving it. Gloria spends her time doing kick-boxing and working on her personnal writing project while growing in her faith. She hopes to travel more, and to continue her studies with a Masters in Education and also continue working in editing.