Campus Celebrity – Alumni Edition: Sarah Kirby ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

This week, we had the chance to catch up with one of uOttawa’s very own alumni! Sarah has been up to a lot since graduating last May – check it out! 

Quick Facts: 

Name: Sarah Kirby 

Hometown: Stratford, Ontario 

Program: Joint Honours BA in History and Political Science 

Year of graduation: 2015 

Relationship Status: in a relationship 

L to R: Sarah, Olivia, Kristen, and Brooke (HCuOttawa staff) at Capital Catwalk!

HCuOttawa: So Sarah, tell me what you’ve been up to lately!

Sarah Kirby: I am currently studying to become a licensed paralegal. 

HCuO: What do you miss the most about being at uOttawa? 

SK: The fashion sense! People are a lot more bold and adventurous at uOttawa than back in southwestern Ontario. That, and my friends of course. 

HCuO:You are an alumni at uOttawa but also with HCuOttawa. What was your position on the team? 

SK: I was the Editor of the News team. 

HCuO: What would you say is the best part about being on Her Campus uOttawa? 

SK: Being surrounded by a group of individuals who are passionate, motivated, caring, and intellegent. 

HCuO: What advice do you have for first year students looking to get the full “university experience”? 

SK: Look outside the typical “bar night” experience. Some of my best nights were spent at events that would typically be dismissed as “lame”. 

HCuO: Where do you see yourself in five years?

SK: I see myself married with a kid or two and hopefully working in a large political or legal organization. 

This or That: 

McDreamy or McSteamy: McSteamy 

Coffee or Tea: Tea 

Winter or Summer: Winter 

La Maison or 1848: Both. If you know me, you know I never turn down a good drink deal. 

MRT 5th or 4th Floor: 4th 

Roadtrip or NRML: Roadtrip 

Nutella or Bacon: Bacon 

Photo Credits: Sarah Kirby 

Zoe Crego

U Ottawa '17

Zoë held the position of President of Her Campus at uOttawa from 2015-2017 and was a Senior Chapter Advisor. She graduated from the University of Ottawa in 2017 and has pursued a career in the Canadian federal public service. She is very grateful to Her Campus for providing a creative outlet while studying and believes her experience with Her Campus helped her grow professionally and personally.