david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Affordable Halloween Costume Inspo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

If you’re like me, the idea of Halloween always seems like a fun time until you realize you have to either pay tons of money to get a costume or spend countless DIY hours to achieve the same results. Regardless, something this entertaining should not be this stressful which is why I am here to aid in making sure you can actually enjoy your weekend while participating to the fullest. Here are some easy Halloween costume ideas that are easy to make or easy on your budget.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel:

Make the best use of thrift stores and embrace the classic 50s style with this costume, while also getting a chance to explore a more vintage trend!

Inspo: Mrs. Maisel from the show The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Get the Look:Zaful: Checkered 2 PieceUrban Outfitters: Pink Silk Scarf

Glow: Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling:

This costume idea references this show that was inspired by a group of strong women that changed the face of wrestling. Start off with a metallic body suit and a ton of glitter; you can customize this costume anyway you want!

Inspo: Ruth from the show Glow 

Get the Look:

Discount Dance: Red Metallic Body SuitNyx: Face Glitter

Ocean’s Eight:

Perfect for a large group of friends, all you have to do is wear your fanciest clothes, battle out who gets to be Rihanna and you’re set to go!

Inspo: Lou from Ocean’s 8

Get the Look:

Dynamite: Leopard JacketSimons: Black Velvet Pants

Grey’s Anatomy:

This one is a bit of a loophole because technically you could be going as just a doctor, but the trick is to make your own ID badge with your favourite Grey’s Anatomy character to get the full look.

Inspo: Cast of Grey’s Anatomy

Get the Look:

Etsy: Grey’s Anatomy BadgeWalmart: Blue Scrubs

When All Else Fails:

Binge-watch your favourite shows or movies and channel them this Halloween!

Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Vanessa is a writer on the Fashion & Beauty team at the University of Ottawa Her Campus Chapter.She is studying Social Science with a double minor in Economics and Public Administration. In her free time she loves to write, read, dance, and explore the city.
Fourth year Criminology student at the University of Ottawa, Leafs fan, makeup lover and Harry Potter enthusiast.