This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

Creating healthier treats may reduce our sugar intake and make us less likely to eat processed foods that could be harmful to our health. A dessert is deemed nutritious when the ingredients are real food! By making a few easy ingredient substitutions, you can make tasty, nutritious snacks that can substitute as dessert! Here is a list of several healthy dessert dishes that you should try.

Frozen Chocolate-Covered Banana Slices:

Bananas become an exciting treat after drizzling them in chocolate and freezing them. Just cut your bananas into slices, cover them with dark chocolate, and freeze them. You’ll enjoy a tasty, nutritious treat in a few hours!

Avocado Brownies:

This avocado brownies recipe is both nutritious and delicious! For a delectable and healthy dessert, use avocados in place of butter or oil. These decadent brownies are healthy and tasty thanks to their rich chocolate flavour.

Watermelon Pizza:

If you adore watermelon, especially in the summer, Watermelon Pizza is a super-healthy option that will also entirely satisfy your craving for a treat thanks to its artistic beauty and mouth-watering flavour.

Strawberry Oatmeal Bars:

The key components of these delectable Strawberry Oatmeal Bars are fresh strawberries, whole-grain butter crumbs, and a mildly sweetened vanilla glaze. These recipes for healthy oatmeal bars are delicious desserts that are easy to make!

Patriotic Popsicles:

The process of making your own popsicles is incredibly easy and gratifying. Everyone knows how much I love a good frozen pop, yet the majority of store-bought snacks are manufactured from processed ingredients. This patriotic popsicles‘ recipe is packed with delicious, and nutritious ingredients.

Rice Krispie Treats:

Don’t we all love hard-to-resist Rice Krispie treats? This classic dessert is a hit with everyone! This recipe makes chewy and crispy treats that are easy to prepare.

So next time your sweet tooth starts talking, maybe give one of these healthier desserts a try!