This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

With finals season, I find myself struggling in many more ways than with just the amount of studying I have to do. I’m sure I’m not alone in these struggles, so below I’ve listed six common struggles that we all have during exams.

1. Maintaining a healthy sleep schedule
Without classes, it becomes quite difficult to maintain a healthy sleeping schedule on all the days off between exams. That being said, it’s all too easy to let myself stay up later and later and consequently, sleep in more and more. The struggle I have is trying to get out of bed when there’s nowhere I need to be. 

2. Losing track of time
Going along with the previous topic, having an out of whack sleep schedule definitely doesn’t help with keeping track of time. I make sure to know exam dates, but other than that, I couldn’t tell you what time or day it is.

3. Being paranoid about exam dates and times
Like I said in #2, I make sure to know exam dates. However, that doesn’t stop me from being paranoid about them still. Heck, I’ll walk into the exam room, see my professor and familiar classmates, and still be afraid I’m in the wrong room taking the wrong exam! It’s always nerve-racking.

4. Worrying about being too late or too early handing in an exam
Whether you’re one of the first or last people to hand in your exam, it’s always a struggle. Are you done so soon because you breezed through it, or because you half-assed it? Are you using the full 3 hours because you’re too slow or because your answers are extra detailed and well thought out? Why are people leaving when you’re not even halfway through the exam booklet? How are people using the full 3 hours? Ahhh, the struggle!

5. Taming the Netflix Urges
Okay first of all, how dare Netflix continue to release new series and movies during finals season?! Helloooo, I’m trying to avoid the temptation here. This struggle is eating me alive. I just want to watch holiday movies all day!

6. Appetite Problems
Please tell me I’m not the only one whose eating habits are all over the place during finals season. I can’t keep track of how many meals I eat in a day. I just snack constantly while I study, trying to fill the bottomless pit that is my stomach. The stress eating/subconscious eating struggles are such a pain.

Comment below if you feel these struggles too, or if there’s anything that I missed. Good luck on your finals!

Sources: Cover Photo

SaveSave

21 | uOttawa | Psychology Major/English Minor Lover of nature & art!!!