5 Holiday Party Drinks You Need To Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.
Thanks to tumblr, Pinterest and those great seasonal LCBO cocktail magazines no holiday party you throw should ever be a bore. However sifting through 196 pins, enduring endless paper cuts and scanning multiple pages online can be exhausting, so I have done the work for you! Below are some exciting seasonal cocktails that are bound to make your holiday party one your guests will remember. Also they won’t require you to spend all your precious time whisking and measuring because these cocktails are so easy they might as well be premade. 

You’ll need:
  • 1 crushed candy cane (for garnish)
  • 2 oz. strawberry vodka
  • 4 dashes of white crème de menthe
  • 2 ½ oz. of cranberry juice
  • Ice cubes

Directions:

• Use the crushed candy cane on a plate to rim a Martini glass
  • Shake the vodka, white crème de menthe, cranberry juice and ice cubes together and pour into your candy cane rimmed glass

You’ll need:
  • 4 fresh strawberries
  • ½ oz. vodka
  • 2 tsps. superfine sugar
  • 5 oz. pineapple juice
  • 7-Up
  • Mint leaves for garnish
Directions:
  • Blend the strawberries, sugar, pineapple juice and vodka together
  • Pour the mix equal into 2 glasses, then top up with 7up Garnish with mint leaves 

You’ll need:
  • ¼ cup maraschino cherries
  • 1 full cherry for garnish
  • 1 pretzel for garnish
  • 1 cup Gingerale
  • 2 cups of ice
  • 3 oz. of vanilla vodka
Directions:
  • Possibly one of the simplest drinks to make while it’s also so irresistibly adorable.
  • Blend the ice, vodka, maraschino cherry mix (with the stems removed), and Gingerale until smooth
  • Use the pretzel and full cherry as garnish 

You’ll need:
  • 1.5 oz. crème de cacao (light)
  • 1.5 oz. vanilla vodka
  • 3 oz. white chocolate liqueur
  • 1 splash of cream
Directions:
  • Fill your martini shaker up to the top with ice and add vodka and liqueurs.
  • Fill to the top with cream
  • Wet edge of martini glass and roll in some sugar (decorators sugar looks best)
  • Pour cocktail into glass and enjoy

And lastly what would holiday cocktails be without a little eggnog? Here is a spin on a classic drink that sounds just as good as it tastes and has a simplicity factor of 10. 

• 10 parts mocha Kahlua
  • 5 parts Absolute Vanilla
  • 20 parts Eggnog
Directions:
  • Mix all ingredients in a punch bowl with a floating ice block 

References:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Graduated from the University of Ottawa with an Honours Bachelor with Specialization in Communications Currently working as a Content Coordinator at an advertising agency in Toronto. For business opportunities or cocktail recommendations: paulinakvanschaik@gmail.com