This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

So as March is coming to an end pretty soon… that means May is just around the corner! Ha ha! APRIL FOOLS! Let me rewrite that again. So as March is coming to an end pretty soon… that means April is just around the corner! (Okay, that sounds better now). April is a month full of surprises and excitement, such as the cold temperatures leaving us, seeing grass on the ground instead of snow, and of course – April showers! On April 1st, I am sure each and every one of you have actually fooled or been fooled by someone else. I am sure that there were some pretty funny, embarrassing or awkward pranks that you have played, and now, you want to get back with some revenge pranks. I have listed five fun and easy pranks for April Fool’s day below, so make sure to read them and have your pranks ready by midnight on the first of April!

Coloured Milk

Note: This prank applies to milk in a cardboard packaging, instead of transparent packaging such as milk bags or plastic milk containers. Take a bottle of food colouring and drop a few millimeters of the food colouring into the milk carton. A green or red colour of milk would be pretty freaky but any other colour of your preference will do! This is a harmless April Fool’s prank, but will end up being colourful!

Saran Wrap on the Toilet

This prank is a pretty dirty one… so be prepared to clean up someone else’s sh*t. Firstly, find saran wrap or any other type of clear wrap at home to cover over the toilet. This is best done at night… for better results in the morning. Make sure you have the clear wrap fitted firmly between the bowl and seat of the toilet. All you need to do is be alert in the morning to hear a SCREAM and see the person’s mess all over the place! This is definitely a dramatic April Fool’s prank!

Fake Period!

Want to prank a girlfriend of yours in an embarrassing yet hilarious way? Want to take revenge on a girl who you always despised? Well this prank seems legitimate in both ways. Have red paint (washable would be preferred of course) and dab it lightly on to a paint brush. As you are walking by or talking to that individual, smudge the paint on the back of their pants. Then, make a comment regarding the stain on their pants, and the person will automatically freak out! This is an evil yet silly prank to do on someone!

Sour Lemon Face

Fill the container of the individuals’ morning moisturizer with lemon juice inside. Make sure to do this at least 5 minutes before the person is to apply the moisturizer on his her or her face. Once the person adds the moisturizer on their face, they will feel the sting of the lemon juice on their skin. It will be fun to watch the person’s reaction to lemon on their face!

Sandy Toothbrush

Make a fine paste using brown sand and vegetable or canola oil. Once the mixture is made, dump the toothbrush belonging to the person whom you are pranking into the bowl with the sand mixture. Make sure there are no chunks of sand on the toothbrush. Leave the toothbrush with sand and oil on it, and see the magic once he or she brushes his teeth. What a rough morning or night that person will have!

There you have it. My five easy, fun and quick pranks to do for him or her during April Fool’s day! Make sure to have fun, and create surprises! Play it safe and have a Happy April Fool’s Day!