This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Ottawa chapter.

As we all know, summer has come to an end. This is amazing news if you love autumn, but can be more problematic for your skin. I, like so many others, have sensitive and dry skin, and the fall and the winter are brutal (especially here in Ottawa) and can cause skin issues like dryness. In the summer, you may have had to use fewer products since a dewy look was much more naturally attainable. However, at this time of year, skincare products become more crucial for achieving that glow!

These four products are essential to having moisturized skin this fall and to avoiding those pesky dry patches.

Drunk Elephant Slaai™ Makeup-Melting Butter cleanser

This cleanser is able to effectively remove all makeup and dirt after a long day! All you have to do is take a small amount and rub it on dry skin. Once you have rubbed it all over, rinse it off with water. It will turn into a milky solution as it activates. Removing makeup is not always the most enjoyable experience, but this product makes it easy, and even pleasant. And since it’s a balm, it does not dry out the skin at all! We would suggest using it as your first cleanse.

Milk makeup vegan milk cleanser

This is another great cleanser for your skin in the fall! I use it as my second cleanser just to make sure I get all that sticky makeup off. Other cleansers can often leave your skin feeling incredibly dry—if I didn’t put moisturizer on right away after using different cleansers, my skin would become so tight and it felt like I couldn’t move my face! One of the reasons this cleanser is so amazing is that its first ingredient is glycerin, which is a humectant, meaning it absorbs more water into the skin. And if you have sensitive skin, it has the added benefit of being fragrance-free.

Cetaphil Moisturizing cream

The Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream is heavenly. Although it is a drugstore product, its buttery consistency feels very luxurious and allows it to lock in all the moisture. As soon as I apply it to my skin, all the dryness disappears! It’s a very simple formula, which is why many people with sensitive skin rave about it. When you have sensitive skin, products with a lot of ingredients can be irritating. This product is even recommended by the Canadian Dermatology Board!

Bonus tip: It can even be used it as a body moisturizer!

Eucerin Aquaphor healing ointment

This healing ointment is incredibly versatile. It can be used to lock in moisture if you have dry patches, as a lip balm, and I personally use it under my eyes like an eye cream (but much more affordable). It’s a very helpful product to have in the fall since it truly helps with dry, flaky, and cracked skin. This product can even be used in a method called slugging which you may have seen on TikTok. This method is where you lather your skin with the ointment which helps repair the moisture barrier!

That completes the list of our favourite fall skincare products. All in all, the key to surviving the colder weather is to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated. Once you have that down, this season will be a breeze!

Hi there! My name is Natasha and I am a second-year English student!