Your Guide to The Cast of This Year’s The Bachelor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Mich chapter.

Ahh the best season has come once again. No, not holiday season, bachelor season, obviously. Millions of women (and men) will tune into this faux-reality universe where one guy hunts through a sea of beautiful women in order to pick one to propose to. He has to do all of this in less than two months, talk about a time crunch. With all cynicism aside, The Bachelor is one of my guilty pleasures and there’s nothing like a good catfight between a bunch of inebriated, love-seeking women to make for good television. And in every season of The Bachelor there seems to be a similar cast of characters. So without further ado, here is my opinion of a few standouts on this year’s season of The Bachelor. Warning SPOILERS AHEAD.

A quick caveat: This is after only the first episode and opinions are (definitely) subject to change.

The Hero: Arie Luyendyk Jr.

Risen from the bachelor dead, our dashing, motorcycle-driving prince charming comes back to find his soulmate. Watch our hero as he embarks on a perilous journey through the dangers of love and, of course, group dates. It seems to me this guy is a perfect portrait of a hero: good looking, financially stable, good morals and he seems pretty genuine. Hopefully his story has a love-starved princess waiting for him, along with a happily ever after.

The Villain: Chelsea

Every season has one, from Courtney to Corinne. Yet, our new evil queen is, surprisingly, a single mom. She possesses all the typical traits of our bachelor villain; she steals him twice on the first night and is the first one to, very graphically, make out with him. And she is not shy to rub her “connection” with him in the other girls’ faces. Will Arie continue to be fooled by her mysterious facade, or will he discover the ugly witch that lies beneath the surface?

The Possible Porn Star: Krystal

Okay with all do respect, this girl seems to be on the show for the right reasons, but her voice legitamitely sounds like a porn star. Not to mention, she already has a super hot body because she’s a fitness instructor.  But do me a favor, the next time you’re watching, listen to this girl speak and tell me she’s not something straight out of an X-rated movie.

The Teenager: Bekah

I am no stranger to being told that I look young, but this girl looks really young. She even addresses her youth in her entrance. Don’t get me wrong, I think I actually like this girl. But Arie is almost 40 years old and this girl looks like she’s barely out of college. I mean no judgement, age is just a number, but this girl seems like she’d be going out to the bars not settling down and having children just yet. But hey, maybe that’s just me.

The Creep: Kendall

This girl collects taxidermy and sings songs to her dead stuffed animals. That’s all.

The Fake Kardashian: Marikh

Tell me this girl is not a Kardashian; she looks like a Kardashian, even talks like a Kardashian. She seems like she would sit in front of a camera all day and talk about her various social media accounts. She also doesn’t appear to have much going on behind that pretty face, but, hey, she is drop dead gorgeous, so at least she has that going for her.

Raven 2.0: Tia

If you watched Nick Viall’s season, you definitely know the runner up Raven:  a cute country girl from a small southern town. Well, Tia, from Weiner, Arkansas, is, you guessed it, the exact same person as Raven. She’s cute, with a charming southern accent, not afraid to get her hands dirty, and get this, Raven actually convinced Tia to go on the show. Who knows, maybe she’ll capture the Bachelor’s heart like Raven did.

The Possible Victor: Lauren S

Okay, this is an honest prediction here, but I feel like Lauren S. may make it far. She’s the one that flies under the radar for a little bit, but may end up proving to be Arie’s endgame. Who knows she could be eliminated next round, but she seems cute and down-to-earth so I guess we’ll have to wait and see. Also be sure to look out for Annaliese and Lauren G, they could be promising as well.

Again, these are all first impressions so I may have jumped to conclusions about some of the girls. What do you think? Do you agree with me or not?  Do you think our hero Arie will find love? Well bachelor nation, only time will tell. Until next Monday…

Images Courtesy of: Google Images